Early Fraternity Life and Career
Amanda began attending Kutztown University after graduating from Perkiomen Valley High School in June of 2008. She decided on Kutztown after being waitlisted for the Political Science programs at several other universities. It was the best thing that could have happened to her. Because she did not make the most of her high school years, Amanda chose to become more involved at Kutztown. In her first semester on campus (Fall 2008), she joined the Model United Nations Club on campus, which afforded her more confidence not only in public, but in personal relationships as well. Towards the end of the semester, a friend recommended to Amanda that she look into joining Phi Sigma Pi. Because of a disheartening experience with the social sororities on campus, Amanda was nervous, however after recieving the invitation letter the following semester (Spring 2009), she decided to take the leap. While rushing, Amanda fell in love with the camraderie and dedication of the Epsilon Alpha brothers. When she received a bid the following week, she was more than excited. After going through Epsilon Alpha's initiation program, Amanda felt close not only to her class (the Nu Class), but also to the full Brothers.
Collegiate Years at Epsilon Alpha Chapter
After rushing the Spring of 2009, Amanda was inducted on April 19, 2009. She was placed as a member of the Public Relations Committee during her first semester of being a Brother (Fall 2009), and found that presenting the Chapter and the Fraternity to people who did not know about it was her passion. However, because of her experience with Parliamentary Procedure in other organizations (namely Model United Nations and the Student Government Board), and her enjoyment of all things law, she decided to run for the position of Parliamentarian for the Spring and Fall of 2010. She won the election, and has been serving in that capacity ever since. Because of the Chapter requirements, she has kept her position on the the Public Relations committee since her induction in Spring of 2009, and will be Co-Chair of the Committee come this Fall (2011).
Although being highly involved on campus outside the Fraternity, Amanda makes a point to put her chapter and the Fraternity first (after academics, of course). She loves Phi Sigma Pi, and hopes to become only more involved as time progresses.
Bigs and Littles
- Big - Nick Christy, member of the Lamda Class. He is everything a Little could ask for - generous, caring, and full of love and knowledge of the Fraternity.
- Little - Cate Lathrop, member of the Omicron Class. Cate is an amazing Little, loved by all and full of enthusiasm for everything Phi Sigma Pi.
- Little - Rebeccah Landerholm, member of the Rho Class. Beccah is an awesome Little that is sure to bring a lot to the Chapter and the Fraternity as a whole.
Other Interesting Facts
- In addition to being in Phi Sigma Pi, Amanda is a member of KU's Student Government Board, Model United Nations Club, Presidential Ambassadors, and National Residence Hall Honorary Chapter.
- She loves to play frisbee, any time of day or night - while doing a brief stint on KU's Ultimate Frisbee team, practices were held from 11 pm to 1 am two nights a week.
- Her favorite movies are comedies. Top five are Anchorman, Zoolander, Blazing Saddles, History of the World Part I, and Wedding Crashers.