Early Fraternity Life
Amos joined Phi Sigma Pi after meeting a few brothers through his older (biological) brother Oded Eshel (also a member of the Gamma Epsilon chapter). Meeting the amazing people in Fall '04, his first semester in college, made the decision to rush Phi Sigma Pi a simple one. Amos rushed Spring '05 (his freshman year), making him a member of the Pi Class.
Collegiate Years at Gamma Epsilon Chapter
Amos was very active as an Initiate and continued being amongst the most active Brothers throughout his time as an undergrad. He spent every semester as a committee chair, until his super-senior year when he served on E-Board. Throughout the semesters he received many Chapter superlatives including Best Hugger and Most Likely to Succeed, as well as an award for Best Brother. Amos held the following positions as an undergrad in the Gamma Epsilon Chapter:
- Fall '05-Spring '06: Rush Chair
- Fall '06: Fundraising Chair
- Spring '07-Spring '08: Inter-Chapter Relations Chair
- Fall '08-Spring '09: President
He also served as Regional Delegate from Fall '06 until Spring '08. As ICR Chair, Amos planned the 2007 & 2008 GET SLAM'Ds (themes: Around the World & Through the Ages respectively).
After graduating in May 2009, Amos moved to Seattle to work for Microsoft. At Microsoft he is a Software Development Engineer (aka programmer), on the Windows Graphics team where he arrived right before the start of development on Windows 8.
Amos has been to every single Grand Chapter and National Convention since first becoming a Brother, driving to every one of them until moving to Seattle. He also organized many road trips to inter-chapter events and unofficial events like tailgating with Chapters around the SEC. Official events attended:
- Alpha Beta Volleyball: Spring '05, Spring '07 and Spring '08
- GET SLAM'D: Spring '05, Spring '06, Spring '07 and Spring '08
- Grand Chapter: Summer '05 (Monroeville) and Summer '06 (Kansas City)
- National Convention: Fall '05 (Atlanta) and Fall '06 (Washington DC)
- Combined Convention/Chapter: Summer '07 (New Orleans), Summer '08 (Nashville), Summer '09 (Louisville), Summer '10 (Harrisburg), Summer '11 (Arlington), Summer '12 (Orlando), and Summer '13 (Philadelphia)
- Gamma Epsilon Grand Chapter Delegate 2007 and 2008.
- National Alumni Association Alternate 2010
- Sanctions Appeal Board Undergraduate representative 2008-10
- Constitution & Chapter Standards Committee 2010-11
- Foundation member 2011-Present
Bigs and Littles
Amos' Big Brother is Patrick Nealis, Alumnus.
Amos has 3 Little Brothers:
He has a number of grand-littles, great grand-littles, etc. Too many to list everyone here.
Amos spent 2.5 months during the summer of 2008 driving 13,779 miles around the country. All the way from Gainesville to LA to Seattle to New York and back to Gainesville with a ton of stops all along the way. Many of the stops involved seeing Brothers and Alumni from his Chapter or many other Chapters. The trip culminated with National Convention in Nashville.