Andrew Alan Wade VanAtta (born 20 October 1982) is an Active Member of the Epsilon Beta Chapter (chapter roll 37) at Bowling Green State Univeristy in Bowling Green, Ohio. Epsilon Beta Chapter. He was born and raised in Findlay, Ohio and was a 2001 graduate of McComb High School.
Early Fraternity Life and Career
Andrew enrolled at Bowling Green State University beginning in the Fall 2001 semester. He rushed as the only member of the Beta rush class of the Epsilon Beta Chapter during the Fall 2003 Semester. He was pinned as an initiate on 20 October 2003. After being inducted as the 37th brother of the Epsilon Beta chapter, Andrew was assigned to the social committee for the Spring 2004 Semester.
Collegiate Years at the Epsilon Beta Chapter
After his brief time on the Epsilon Beta chapter's social committee, Andrew was elected to serve as the chapter's treasurer for the 2004-2005 academic year. During his first year as treasurer, he worked to extensively overhaul the chapters accounting and record keeping procedures and create a detailed transition program for the chapter treasurer position. He was awarded the Chapter Service Key at the Spring 2005 Epsilon Beta awards banquet. Andrew was reelected to a second term as Treasurer for the 2005-2006 year. During this second term he also served as the interim fundraising committee chairperson and began the chapters association with the Cedar Point amusement park's Booster Bucks fundraising program. This fundraising event was successfully transitioned to a new fundraising committee chairperson for the Fall 2006 semester.
After serving as his chapter's treasurer for two consecutive years, Andrew was elected to serve as the Epsilon Beta chapter's Recruitment Advisior for the 2006-2007 year. As he had done with the position of treasurer and interim fundraising committee chair, he worked quickly to make changes in the way the chapter's recruitment program was conducted. Andrew placed a great level of emphasis on improving the chapter's branding image on the BGSU campus and during the Spring 2007 Rush he added an interview night to the chapter's scheduled rush events.
After serving a one-year term as Recruitment Advisor, Andrew ran for and was subsequently elected to serve as his chapter's President for the 2007-2008 year. As a candidate, he emphasized the importance of renewing ties to the chapter's alumni and further streamlining the chapter's operations as the chapter "grows beyond its infancy".
Andrew withdrew from Epsilon Beta Chapter after serving as president for one semester.
Andrew has become a recognizable face at national events in recent years. He has attened the following national Phi Sigma Pi events:
- 2004 Great Lakes Regional Confrence in East Lansing, MI
- 2004 National Convention in Memphis, TN
- 2005 SPARK Leadership Academy in Indianapolis, IN
- 2005 Grand Chapter in Pittsburgh, PA (Delegate)
- 2005 National Convention in Atlanta, GA
- 2006 Grand Chapter in Kansas City, MO (Alternate delegate)
- 2006 National Convention in Washington, D.C.
- 2007 National Convention in New Orleans, LA (Delegate for Grand Chapter)
In addition to his attendance at national events, Andrew was elected to a two-year term on the Phi Sigma Pi National Sanctions Appeal Board at the 2006 Grand Chapter and joined the National Development Committee for the 2007-2008 academic year.
Bigs and Littles
Andrew's Big Brother was Michelle Spencer, who was ultimately expelled from the Epsilon Beta Chapter in 2004.
Andrew has 3 Little Brothers:
Other Interesting Facts about Andrew VanAtta
- He was pinned as an initiate on his 21st birthday. He celebrated his birthday with the Brothers of the Epsilon Beta chapter at the local Dairy Queen after having been awake continously for over 40 hours.
- He is often known for his choice of automobiles. From 2002-2006 He drove a lime-green 2002 Volkswagen New Beetle. Since April 2006, he has driven a red 2006 Toyota Prius.
- He does not eat any types of seafood. His favorite food is a Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad from the local Kroger's deli.
- He is technically an only child. Both of his parents are also only children.
- He was a "Screamster" during the 2006 HalloWeekends event at the Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio.
- Was an undergraduate student at Bowling Green State University for seven years from August 2001 to May 2008.