Error creating thumbnail: File with dimensions greater than 12.5 MP
University of South Florida
|Date Inducted||November 8, 2006|
|Alumni Chapter/Assoc||Central Florida Alumni Chapter|
|Awards||The Unsung Brother Award 2008, The Most Dedicated Brother Award 2009, Ms. Phi Sigma Pi 2010, Certified in Leadership in Action 2012, Leadership Advancement Society 2013|
Early Fraternity Life and Career
Christine Vazquez attended the University of South Florida in love with the dance department. After her first year, she decided that she needed to make more friends and get involved in an organization. Her mom received a letter in the mail from Phi Sigma Pi. Christine was very skeptical at first because it was a "fraternity". She decided she would give it a shot anyways. She attended one of the information nights and asked her soon to be Big tons of questions, she was hooked. Everyone there was extremely nice and helpful, so she rushed as a member of the Eta Class (Η)! From then on, a new Christine was born!
Collegiate Years at Epsilon Delta
Christine is extremely active in her chapter. The semester she became a Brother, she immediately was put into a leadership position. Christine has held: Fundraising Chair, Alumni/ ICR Chair, Regional Committee Delegate, Historian and soon to be President. She has attended GET SLAM'D two years in a row, has actively participated in Relay for Life every year, helped organized Parents' Weekend the first time and continuing, first created this bio of Epsilon Delta, helped plan the first Gasparilla (Epsilon Delta's ICR event) and 2009's Regional Conference, represented Phi Sigma Pi for Central Parking System our fundraising events.
The last year she served as President. That year the Chapter won two Purple and Gold Awards at National Convention. She continued The Epsilon Delta's High School Scholarship including actually showing up to the High School and presenting the check in person. Christine has pushed for an annual memorial service to continue teaching new Brothers about Darcy Enrille and her amazing story. She hoped to have left the Chapter she grew up with with a strong foundation for years to come and traditions that will live on.
Alumni Years to Present
As soon as Christine graduated USF and became an alumni of Epsilon Delta, she joined in on the creation of the Central Florida Alumni Chapter. President Josh Lazar pulled in the recruits and it was created with 15 NAA members. After adopting our newly created Bylaws, Christine was elected as Vice President of the new Central Florida Alumni Chapter in 2011! She continues to be a big part of Central Florida Alumni Chapter, or CFAC, to this day. She has represented CFAC at National Convention at Orlando (2012) and Philadelphia (2013). Currently, she serves as the Vice President of Communication for the 2013-2014 year!
- Christine attended Grand Chapter/ National Convention as Chapter Delegate in Louisville, Kentucky in August 2009. There she accepted the Steven A. DiGuiseppe Administrative Award with her alternate, Kathleen Carter.
- Christine also attended Grand Chapter/ National Convention as Chapter Alternate in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in August 2010. There Kathleen Carter accepted the Most Spirited Chapter Award from Christine's essay and Christine accepted Chapter Most Able to Overcome Adversity Award written by Jennifer Alvarez dedicated for Jessica Newport and Darcy Enrille.
- Christine became one of the first groups of Leadership in Action Facilitators in August 2010.
- She is an National Alumni Association member as of 2010
- Christine is a founding member and first Vice President of the Central Florida Alumni Chapter
- Represented CFAC as an alternate at National Convention 2012 in Orlando, FL
- Awarded Certification in Leadership in Action at Orlando's National Convention in August 2012
- Represented CFAC as an alternate at National Convention 2013 in Philadelphia, PA
- Awarded Leadership in Action Leadership Advancement Society Certificate in Philadelphia's National Convention August 2013
Bigs and Littles
Christine is a part of the largest family in the Chapter, Outburst Family!
Her Big Brother is Deanna Morris, who is now alumna.
Christine has 3 Little Brothers:
Other Interesting Facts
- Spiderman is my husband
- I am lactose intolerant
- I love the New York Yankees, Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and my USF Bulls
- I work and go to Walt Disney World all the time
- I am obsessed with Ducks, preferably yellow ducks