Difference between revisions of "Christopher McCoy"
m (edited personal info)
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
'''Christopher McCoy''' (born 16 November []) is an Alumnus Member of [[Gamma Beta Chapter]] (ΓΒ 228) at [http://www.moreheadstate.edu Morehead State University]. He is the current [[
'''Christopher McCoy''' (born 16 November []) is an Alumnus Member of [[Gamma Beta Chapter]] (ΓΒ 228) at [http://www.moreheadstate.edu Morehead State University]. He is the current [].
== Early Fraternity Life and Career ==
== Early Fraternity Life and Career ==
Revision as of 08:20, 4 August 2014
Early Fraternity Life and Career
Chris enrolled at Morehead State University during Fall semester in 2002 after graduating from Jackson High School in Jackson, Ohio. During his first semester of college, Chris joined Pi Kappa Phi fraternity as a way to meet new people on campus. After spending time in Greek Life, Chris wanted to meet a new group of people and decided to attend a Phi Sigma Pi recruitment event. McCoy joined Phi Sigma Pi during the Spring 2004 semester. He was one of four members of the Tau class and served as the class vice president.
Collegiate Years at Gamma Beta Chapter
Chris served Gamma Beta as the risk management chair, fundraising chair, Initiate Advisor, and President. Chris was a member of the peanut gallery during Grand Chapter 2005 and was the chapter's delegate during Grand Chapter 2006. Chris took part in the drafting of several documents that the chapter still uses today. He drafted the chapter's risk management policy, initiate policy, recruitment policy, and co-author the chapter alumni advisory board plan with Brother Jesse Howard. He also wrote the ceremony for Gamma Beta's Key Exchange for Big and Lil brothers. Chris lead the chapter through a period of recruitment growth during his term as recruitment/initiate advisor. During his term, 25 members were inducted into Gamma Beta Chapter which more than doubled the chapter size. Chris also was the contact for the chapter starting their Bingo fundraiser. Chris was awarded Brother of the Year in 2006, best Big/Lil with Lil Kelly Gripshover in 2006, and Most Dedicated Brother at Mid-South Regionals in 2006.
Alumni Years to Present
After graduation, Chris has stayed active within Phi Sigma Pi. He joined the National Development Committee and has served as Gamma Beta's and Epsilon Phi's Chapter Alumni Advisor and is the current chapter advisor for Epsilon Rho chapter at Northern Kentucky University. Recently, Chris served as one of the keynote speakers for the 2010 Mid South Regional Conference along with Ted Daniels.
Chris currently lives in Elsmere, Kentucky and works at the University of Cincinnati . He was married to his college sweetheart on June 7,2008.
- Grand Chapter, 2005
- Mid South Regional Conference, 2006
- National Chapter Development Committee, 2006
- 2006 National Convention, 2006
- Mid South Regional Conference, 2007
- 2006 Grand Chapter Delegate, 2006
- National Development Committee, 2007-2009
- Nominee for Vice President of Chapter Development,2008
- 2008 National Convention, 2008
- Mid South Regional Conference, 2010
- 2010 National Convention, 2010
- National Secretary, 2010-Present
- 2011 National Convention, 2011
- Bluegrass Regional Conference, 2011 Co-Keynote Speaker
- 2012 National Convention, 2012
- Bluegrass Regional Conference, 2012
- 2013 National Convention, 2013
- Buckeye Regional Conference, 2013
- Bluegrass Regional Conference, 2013 Keynote Speaker
- Buckeye Regional Conference, 2014 Keynote Speaker
Bigs and Littles
Chris' Big Brother is Amanda Earnest, who is now working doing graphic design at Auburn University.
Chris has 3 Little Brothers:
Chris' family was once the smallest family in Gamma Beta with only two members and within two semesters it grew to the largest. His family colors are red, green, and blue, which were the favorite colors of the three little brothers. The family mascot is the Beaver.
Other Interesting Facts
- Chris's nickname at Gamma Beta is "The Godfather" due to his ability to pick up numerous lils and also for eliminating people while playing "Mafia!"
- Chris also serves as a Risk Management facilitator, presenting workshop on chapter risk management issues
- Both Chris and his Great Great Great Grandlil Kimmi Gibson are Youth Pastors.
Matt Fong, Delta Omega