Jeanette Gass (née Gaida, born 19 August 1989) is an Alumna of Epsilon Sigma Chapter (1) at University of Iowa. She is a member and Chapter Service Key recipient of Capital Alumni Chapter, the National Alumni Association, and the Phi Sigma Pi Foundation.
Early Fraternity Life and Career
Jeanette enrolled at The University of Iowa in 2007 after graduating from James B. Conant High School in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. As a sophomore, she was looking for a student organization to become involved in when she received a letter inviting her to help colonize a new Chapter of Phi Sigma Pi. Interested in the prospect of leaving a legacy on campus and becoming part of a unique organization allowing her to meet people of all majors, she attended an info session in late August of 2008. A few weeks later, she agreed to become the colony president and worked with the rest of the Charter class to get recognized as a student organization and receive the Chapter's charter. She was inducted on November 16, 2008.
Collegiate Years at Epsilon Sigma Chapter
After initiation in 2008, Jeanette went on to hold a number of leadership positions in Epsilon Sigma. She served as the Chapter Secretary for 3 semesters (Spring 2009, Fall 2009, and Spring 2010), the Alumni/Inter-Chapter Relations Committee chair (Fall 2010 and Spring 2011) and the Upper Midwest Regional Delegate (Fall 2010 and Spring 2011). During her collegiate years, the Chapter faced many challenges in that it was brand new and there were a number of tasks to be completed such as developing and later rewriting the bylaws, recruitment, and creating a presence within the campus and the community. One of the signature of events of her time at Epsilon Sigma was the Quidditch Tournament which she helped with in 2010 and 2011.
Alumni Years to Present
Following graduation from The University of Iowa in Spring 2011, Jeanette moved to Washington, DC to attend graduate school at the Elliott School of International Affairs at George Washington University. Soon after moving, she joined Capital Alumni Chapter and became involved with the Chapters in the Capital Region by attending regional conferences and induction ceremonies. Jeanette was elected to Capital Chapter's e-board in June 2013 as the Chapter Secretary. In June of 2014 she became Capital Chapter's Vice President and served in that role until 2016. In 2014 she was appointed to the National Development Committee (NDC) and served on the Ad-Hoc Committee on the National Philanthropy for the 2014-2015 term. In the 2015-2016 NDC term, she worked on scholarship and membership initiatives. She was the Regional Volunteer for the Upper Midwest Region for the 2014-2015 term. Jeanette took part in an alumni panel at the 2015 and 2016 Capital Region Conferences. She obtained her Leadership in Action Certification in Summer 2015. In fall 2015, she was named Co-Regional Conference Advisor for Capital Region. At the 2016 National Convention, the Capital Region won the Outstanding Regional Conference Award. In 2017, Jeanette volunteered at the Virginia Leadership Academy, was elected to represent the NAA at the 2017 Grand Chapter, and also served as a National Convention Ambassador. She is currently serving as the Service Chair for Capital Alumni Chapter.
- National Alumni Association (NAA), 2011-Present
- Phi Sigma Pi Foundation, 2014-Present
- National Development Committee, 2014-Present
- Ad-Hoc Committee on the National Philanthropy, 2014-2015
- National Convention, 2013,2014, 2015, 2016,2017
- Grand Chapter 2013, 2014, 2015, Capital Chapter Delegate, 2016 RAAC Delegate, 2017 NAA Delegate
- Capital Chapter Secretary, 2013-2014
- Capital Chapter Vice President, 2014-2016
- Capital Chapter Service Chair, 2016-Present
- Capital Chapter Service Key Recipient, 2015
- Upper Midwest Regional Volunteer, 2014-2015
- National Convention Ambassador, 2015, 2017
- Capital Regional Conference Advisor, 2015-2016
- Leadership in Action Certified, 2015
- Leadership in Action Leadership Advancement Society, 2016
- Leadership in Action Certified Local Facilitator, 2013
- Capital Regional Conference, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Upper Midwest Regional Conference, 2015
- Awards, Scholarship, & Emblem Committee, 2016, 2017
- Virginia Leadership Academy, 2017