Joe Talbot is a current brother of the Delta Alpha Chapter of Phi Sigma Pi. He has been a member of two committees, has held 1 e-council position, and 5 e-board positions.
- Scholarship Chair (Fall 2017 - Spring 2018)
- Secretary (Spring 2018)
- Initiate Advisor (Fall 2018 - Spring 2018)
- Vice President (Fall 2018 - Spring 2019)
- Historian (Fall 2019)
- President (Spring 2020)
- Outstanding Chapter Event (Fall 2017)
- Brother of the Semester (Fall 2018)
- Brother of the Semester (Spring 2019)
- Brother of the Year (Fall 2018 - Spring 2019)
- Most meme-y and Most adorable baby kangaroo (spring 2017)
- Most likely to be spotted in the gym (fall 2018)
- Most likely to become Carter Jr. (spring 2018)
- Most likely to win the Carter J Balaclava award for best Initiate Advisor (fall 2019)
- Most likely to bench the world (spring 2019)
As scholarship chair, Joe extended Delta Alpha's chapter outreach for scholarship events including campus groups such as the Center for Women and Gender. Joe won the Outstanding Chapter Event award for his collaboration with the Center for Women and Gender creating a teach-a-bro about gender pronouns so that brothers could identify their pronouns during recruitment events.
Along with then Initiate Advisor, Carter Blalack, Joe instituted initiate minutes. Initiate minutes were heavily edited meeting minutes that essentially covered the public portion of meetings.
As initiate Advisor, Joe inducted 11 initiates from Alpha Rho and Alpha Sigma classes.
As vice president, Joe brought committee based e-council event planning back to Delta Alpha after a 4 year hiatus. Joe oversaw the creation and maintenance of the leadership, scholarship, fellowship, fundraising, alumni, and Karen's Walk committees during the fall of 2018. During the spring of 2019, Joe cut the number of operating committees to the tripod.
Big and Little
Joe is a member of the Delta Alpha Lerner Family Line.