Early Fraternity Life and Career
Kathryn originally decided to attend ECU in order to study Exercise Physiology in order to get her degree for Physical Therapy. After being in Exercise Physiology for a semester, she decided to switch majors because it was not meant for her. She changed her major to Business with a focus in Accounting in order to become a CPA.
Why Phi Sigma Pi?
Katie wanted to rush PSP in order to get to know more people and do more work for the community. PSP was a way to help her get out of her shell, which she has done, but is still working on completely getting out of her shell. She hopes that her future in PSP will completely get her out of her shell.
East Carolina Involvement
Outside of Phi Sigma Pi, Katie was also member of ECU’s Pirate Tutoring Center. She tutored Math 1066 for business majors. She also spent her last year volunteering at the PTC as a member of the front desk staff during the evening tutoring hours. As of Spring 2013, she is a certified level 1 tutor. Katie is also a member of The National Society of Leadership and Success at East Carolina University, Sigma Alpha Phi. She has also been formally inducted as a member of the East Carolina University Circle of Omicron Delta Kappa.
Collegiate Years at Tau Chapter
Exec Position Held:
Chair Positions Held:
Rush/PR Chair Fall 2014
Fundraising Co Chair Spring 2014
Fundraising Chair Fall 2013
Fundraising Co Chair Fall 2013
Alumni Years to Present
Katie is currently attending East Carolina University as a Masters student getting her degree in Masters of Accounting and will be taking the CPA exam in the fall 2016. She is currently trying to be as active as she can be with the Chapter in the role as an Alumni.
Bigs and Littles
- Katie's Sibling is Margaret LeGrand (Gamma Delta Initiate Class), Alumna
- Katie's Sibling is Rebecca Cook (Gamma Zeta Initiate Class), Alumna
- Katie's Little is Kristen Martin (Gamma Zeta Initiate Class), Alumna
- Katie's Little is Quinn Hlatky (Gamma Theta Initiate Class), Active
- Katie's Little is Danielle Mehling (Gamma Theta Initiate Class), Active
- Katie's Little is Lindsey Smith (Gamma Iota Initiate Class), Active
- Katie's Little is Taylor Johnston (Gamma Iota Initiate Class), Active
- Katie's Little is Michael Madar (Gamma Kappa Initiate Class), Active
- Katie's GrandLittle is Mikhayla Dunn (Gamma Theta Initiate Class), Active
- Katie's GrandLittle is Blaire Langdon (Gamma Iota Initiate Class), Active
- Katie's GrandLittle is Megan Sirak (Gamma Kappa Initiate Class), Active
Other Family Members
- Katie's Grand Big is Sarah Holmes (Beta Psi Initiate Class), Alumna
- Katie's Uncle is Cara Beth Carr (Gamma Alpha Initiate Class), Alumna
- Katie's Cousin is Virginia Brooks (Gamma Epsilon Initiate Class), Alumna
S. Johnson Family Line
Other Interesting Facts
- Katie was a competitive dancer for 14 years
- Katie graduated Panther Creek High School in 2011.
- Katie has also been a deer hunter since 2006.
- Katie is very much into shooting guns and loves shooting handguns with her family whenever she is home.