Krista Kay (born 19 December) is an Alumni Member of Alpha Pi Chapter (ΑΠ 393) at The Pennsylvania State University. Krista is currently Phi Sigma Pi's Director of Leadership Advancement and a member of both the NAA and the Phi Sigma Pi Foundation. She is also a member of the Penn State Alumni Association and the Drexel University Alumni Association.
- 1 Early Fraternity Life and Career
- 2 Collegiate Years at Alpha Pi Chapter
- 3 Alumni Years to Present
- 4 National Involvement
- 5 Bigs and Littles
- 6 Further Resources
- 7 Academic Background
- 8 Awards
- 9 Other Interesting Facts
Early Fraternity Life and Career
Krista began at Penn State university in Fall of 1998. In the fall of 1999, she rushed the Alpha Pi Chapter and became one of the 19 pieces of the Pi Initiate class. She was elected Pi Class President, overseeing some of the most successful Initiate-planned events the Chapter had seen, such as Cow-Pi Moo-Lah and renting out the roller-rink for to skate with kids from Big Brothers, Big Sisters.
Outside of her elected roles, Krista was actively involved in the Chapter. She was actively involved in Homecoming, performing in Crazy Band in both the fall of 1999 and 2001, Nittany Pursuit in fall 1999, and on the float in fall of 2000.
She also performed for the 2nd Annual Brother Bowl's Date Auction as Ms. Britney Spears.
Krista was also actively involved in THON, attending canning trips and cheering on her fellow Brothers.
Collegiate Years at Alpha Pi Chapter
- President, Π Initiate Class (Fall 1999)
- Historian (Fall 2000)
- Fundraising Chair (Fall 2001)
- Rush Chair (Spring 2002)
- Security, University Concert Committee
Alumni Years to Present
After graduating from Penn State, Krista attended graduate school at Drexel University. During her time at Drexel University, she served as TA in the College of Arts and Sciences and nominated for the TA Excellence Award.
After obtaining her Master's degree from Drexel, Krista worked as a Technical Writer and Portrait Photographer before beginning her career as a National Staff member.
Alpha Pi Involvement
- 2002 Homecoming
- 2003 Homecoming
- 2004-2005 Alumni Relations Coordinator
- 2009 Brother Bowl - Screech's Nerds
Alternative Break Project
- 2008 National Convention
- 2009 National Convention
- 2010 National Convention
- 2011 National Convention
- 2012 National Convention
- 2013 National Convention
- 2009 Keystone Region Conference at Omicron Chapter
- 2009 Allegheny Region Conference at Upsilon Chapter
- 2010 Allegheny Region Conference at Alpha Omega Chapter
- 2011 Keynote Speaker at Dominion Region Conference at Alpha Rho Chapter
- 2012 Keynote Speaker at Southeast Region Conference at Gamma Chi Chapter
- 2012 Capital Region Conference at Gamma Pi Chapter
- 2008 - 2009 Region Consultant for the:
- 2009 - 2010 Senior Region Consultant for the Delta Iota, Delta Lambda, Epsilon, Epsilon Chi, Epsilon Omega, Epsilon Omicron, Epsilon Phi, Epsilon Pi, Epsilon Psi, Epsilon Tau, Epsilon Upsilon, Gamma Nu, and Gamma Upsilon Chapters
- 2010 - present Director of Leadership Advancement
Bigs and Littles
Krista is a member of the Tau family.
Krista's Grand-Big is Dave Moen, Alumnus.
Krista's Big is David Theis, Alumnus.
Krista has 2 Littles:
Krista has 2 Grand-Littles:
- 1998 - North Catholic High School
- 2002 - B.A. Media Studies, Minor in Information Systems and Statistical Analysis (The Pennsylvania State University)
- 2004 - M.S. Communication (Public Communication) (Drexel University)
- 2002-2003 Teaching Assistantship, Drexel University
- 2002-2003 Teaching Assistant Excellence Award Nominee
- 2003-2004 Teaching Assistantship, Drexel University
- 2003-2004 Teaching Assistant Excellence Award Nominee
- 2005-2006 Society for Technical Communication Pittsburgh Competition Merit Award Winner (ComponentOne Doc-To-Help 2005)
- 2006-2007 Society for Technical Communication Pittsburgh Competition Merit Award Winner (ComponentOne FlexGrid for.NET and ComponentOne WebInput for ASP.NET)