Blog - Mike's Blog
Early Fraternity Life and Career
Mike decided to attend Ohio State largely because of their Engineering program, as well as a childhood worth of rooting for the Buckeyes. During his first quarter at OSU, he decided to browse Greek life on campus. After observing most of the social Greek fraternities on campus, he decided that drinking until he passed out every night and hitting on Sorority girls was not how he wanted to spend his entire college life. On the verge of giving up, he noticed advertisements for a co-ed Fraternity, and attended an info night for Phi Sigma Pi. He instantly fell in love with the organization and the people involved.
Collegiate Years at Sample Chapter
Forthcoming, when I figure out what I want to put here.
- Technology Consultant, 2002-2003
- Parliamentarian, 2004-2006
- President, 2006-Present
Bigs and Littles
Mike's Big Brother is "Big Dan" Gerbec, who is now living and working in Columbus, OH
Mike has 6 Little Brothers:
- Andrea Gallo, Transferred Chapters, Alumna
- Amy Kranch, Alumna
- Eric Hoover, Active
Mike's little brother by blood, Adam Johnson, also happens to be his Grand-Little. This makes Mike smile, and he also hopes that someday, his youngest brother Chris Johnson will also be a Brother, and hopefully branch off of his own tree. (As Mike continues to add information about himself in the third person, Mike admits he is not normal by any definition of the word.)
Post Collegiate Life
Mike is currently working for Rockwell Automation as a Field Service Engineer. Basically, if you have anything that needs controlled, he can help you out with Rockwell products. (A.K.A. Allen-Bradley, if you have seen it in industry.) He is going through a six month training program in Mayfield Heights, OH, near Cleveland, which began in January 2008. After training is complete he will be based in a field office in Toledo, OH, a mere 2-2.5 hour drive from Columbus where his Buckeyes and beloved BI Chapter reside.
- (2002) Grand Chapter Alternate Delegate - Beta Iota Chapter - Observed the first Grand Chapter WTC, organized by Freshboy.
- (2003) Delegate - Beta Iota Chapter
- (2004) Peanut - Learning the ropes, only got yelled at by Tammy Mleziva thrice!
- (2005) Delegate - Beta Iota Chapter - Followed the rules by stating name and Chapter before speaking, and spoke many times, resulting in the nickname "Mike Johnson, Beta Iota". (Also the only name some National Brothers knew him as for a while!)
- (2006) Peanut - Tried to keep the gallery ornery, despite the professional hotel atmosphere. Provided Candy for Grand Chapter, and was recognized to speak as the Phi Gamma (Peanut Gallery) Chapter 12 times. Won a hat for correctly guessing the date of Bo Hilty's wedding as "A Saturday"
Roadtrips (GC Excluded)
- Beta Beta Chapter Meeting Visit (2002)
- Great Lakes Region Leadership Conference (2002)
- Northeast Regional Conference (NERC) (2002)
- Tau Chapter's Founders' Day (2002)
- National Convention (2002)
- Epsilon Beta Chapter's Charter Class Induction (2002)
- Great Lakes Region Leadership Conference (2003)
- Gamma Theta Chapter's Mardi Gras Blast (2003)
- Tau Chapter's Founders' Day (2003)
- Gamma Theta Chapter's Mardi Gras Blast (2004)
- Great Lakes Region Leadership Conference (2004)
- Tau Chapter's Founders' Day (2004)
- Great Lakes Region Leadership Conference (2005)
- Gamma Theta Chapter's Mardi Gras Blast (2005)
- Tau Chapter's Founders' Day (2005)
- Gamma Theta Chapter's Mardi Gras Blast (2006)
- Great Lakes Region Leadership Conference (2006)
- Tau Chapter's Founders' Day (2006)
- Epsilon Iota Chapter's Charter Class Induction (2006)
- Tau Chapter's Founders' Day (2007)
- Post Graduate
- Beta Iota Chapter's Founders' Day (2008)