National Constitution Article VIII
ARTICLE VIII: DUTIES OF THE NATIONAL OFFICERS
The National President shall:
- Preside at all meetings of the Grand Chapter and the National Council;
- Serve as the chairperson and administrator of the National Development Committee;
- Appoint all committee members;
- Sign warrants drawn upon the Treasury, contracts entered into by Phi Sigma Pi, all Charters, and all Membership Certificates;
- Promote the general interests of Phi Sigma Pi;
- Ensure that all policies are carried out;
- Call for and receive reports desired from the National Officers, National Committees or Chapters;
- Perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to the office.
The Senior Vice President shall:
- Temporarily serve in the absence or inability of the President;
- Serve as the chairperson of the Committee on Constitution & Chapter Standards (ARTICLE XII, Section 7);
- Advise on risk-management;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to the Senior Vice President.
The National Secretary shall:
- Ensure the preservation of the National Constitution, Charters, Rituals, and all documents, records, and supplies of Phi Sigma Pi;
- Issue and sign all Charters and Membership Certificates;
- Ensure that accurate records of all proceedings of the Grand Chapter and National Council are maintained;
- Ensure that minutes of the Grand Chapter and National Council are made available to all Active Members and Alumni Members within seven (7) days of their approval;
- Serve as the chairperson of the Awards, Scholarship, & Emblem Committee (ARTICLE XII, Section 4);
- Serve as the national leader for communication and technology development.
The Vice President of Finance shall:
- Sign warrants on the Treasury and contracts entered into by Phi Sigma Pi;
- Pay authorized warrants of the Grand Chapter when properly signed by the duly empowered National Council Members or designated representatives;
- Ensure that a complete record of receipts and expenditures shall be maintained;
- Prepare Phi Sigma Pi's budget in conjunction with the Executive Director;
- Serve on the Personnel Committee, and make reports at the regular meetings of the Grand Chapter and special reports when called upon by the National President (ARTICLE XII, Section 6);
- Serve as the national leader for the fund development;
- Serve as a liaison between National Council and the Phi Sigma Pi Foundation Board of Directors.
The Vice President of Membership Development shall:
- Instruct Collegiate Chapters how to make efficient and effective use of The Ritual;
- Propose changes to the National Guidelines on Initiation;
- Ensure that Collegiate Chapter Initiation Programs are designed to produce committed, responsible, and Active Members;
- Ensure that all Collegiate Chapters understand and support the National Guidelines on Initiation and Phi Sigma Pi policies;
- Be charged with the responsibility of seeing that Initiation Programs ideals of Phi Sigma Pi and develop pride and commitment through participation, and responsibility;
- Ensure that the history of Phi Sigma Pi is taught to Members;
- Serve as the national leader of membership development.
The Vice President of Chapter Development shall:
- Ensure organization and installation of new Collegiate Chapters;
- Promote a professional fraternity image through reviewing National public relations efforts and standards;
- Ensure all information pertaining to the growth and expansion of Phi Sigma Pi, is properly interpreted and disseminated;
- Ensure the development and education of regional leadership;
- Promote the continual education of Chapter officers and aid in the development of Chapters;
- Promote communication and national unity among Regions and Chapters;
- Serve as the national leader of chapter development.
The Vice President of Alumni Development shall:
- Serve as the coordinating official for Alumni communications and activities;
- Advise all Chapters on current Alumni events and encourage Alumni attendance at National Conventions and all Phi Sigma Pi functions;
- Encourage positive and consistent communication among the Collegiate Chapters and the Collegiate Chapter's respective Alumni;
- Serve as the Grand Chapter's official liaison with Alumni and Alumni Chapters;
- Serve as the national leader of alumni development.