National Constitution Article XII
ARTICLE XII: MEETINGS AND EVENTS
Section 1: Grand Chapter Meetings
- The regular meetings of the Grand Chapter shall occur at least once every year at the time and place designated by the National Council.
- The National Council shall issue a call for such meetings to Members and to each Chapter at least one-hundred eighty (180) days before the fixed time of the meeting.
- A quorum for the transaction of business shall consist of a majority of those entitled to vote in the session of the Grand Chapter.
Section 2: National Council Meetings
- The National Council shall hold at least one (1) meeting each year.
- Quorum for National Council meetings shall be any five (5) of the eight (8) National Officers, each of whom shall be entitled to one (1) vote at meetings of the National Council.
Section 3: Collegiate Chapter Meetings
- There shall be one (1) meeting at least every two (2) weeks during the sheltering institution's academic year.
- A quorum for a Collegiate Chapter meeting shall consist of at least a majority of the Active Collegiate Members in good standing.
Section 4: Alumni Chapter Meetings
- There shall be a meeting at least two (2) times per calendar year.
- A quorum for an Alumni Chapter meeting shall consist of a majority of the Alumni Chapter Members.
Section 5: Official Events and Activities
- Official Phi Sigma Pi Events shall be events which meets any of the following criteria:
- Any event, function, activity or meeting that is organized or sponsored by the Grand Chapter, the National Council or any Chapter
- Any event, function, activity or meeting that is advertised or for which notice is given and the advertisement or notice contains the words "Phi Sigma Pi", the Greek letters Phi Sigma Pi, or associated logos or insignia.
- Any event, function, activity or meeting that is organized, sponsored or planned using National or Chapter funds.
- National Events
- The National Events shall be the Grand Chapter Conference, National Convention, Alumni Convention and Alternative Break Project.
- Collegiate Chapter Events
- Any event, function, activity or meeting that is organized or sponsored by any Collegiate Chapter.
- Any event, function, activity or meeting that is advertised for or by a Collegiate Chapter, for which notice is given and the ad or notice contains the words "Phi Sigma Pi", the Greek letters Phi Sigma Pi, or associated logos or insignia.
- Any event, function, activity or meeting that is organized, sponsored, or planned using National or Chapter funds.
- Nationally Sponsored Activities are any activity, meeting or function at a National Event that meets any of the following criteria:
- Organized, administered, sponsored or co-sponsored by Phi Sigma Pi;
- Appears on the National Event Agenda.
Section 6: Accessibility
- For all events which are mandatory for prospective members, Initiates, or Collegiate Chapter Members, the Collegiate Chapter shall provide reasonable accommodations for all attendees with disabilities in accordance with the sheltering institution’s policy.
- For all events which are mandatory for prospective members or Alumni Chapter Members the Alumni Chapter shall provide reasonable accommodations for all attendees with disabilities.
- The National Fraternity shall require that the host venue’s meeting rooms for the National Convention be physically accessible to all registered attendees. Any auditory, visual, or additional accessibility needs must be requested through the Phi Sigma Pi National Office by the stated deadline in the registration process.
|Note: The National Constitution provided on the Phi Sigma Pi wiki is for informational purposes only, and may not accurately represent the current National Constitution in effect when this page is viewed. The official version of the National Constitution is maintained by Phi Sigma Pi on the National Website.|
|Article I · Article II · Article III · Article IV · Article V · Article VI · Article VII · Article VIII · Article IX · Article X · Article XI · Article XII · Article XIII · Article XIV · Article XV · Article XVI · Article XVII · Article XVIII · Article XIX · Article XX · Article XXI · Article XXII · Article XXIII · Article XXIV · Article XXV|