Early Fraternity Life and Career
Nicole decided to attend the University of Texas at San Antonio because her family decided to move back down to San Antonio, TX from Indianapolis, IN to come help her grandmother. It was definitely a change for her but in the end she grew to love her alma mater! During Fall of 2007, she received an email that Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity would be colonizing at her university and that they were wanting people to join to help form the colony and then eventually a chapter. She had never heard of Phi Sigma Pi before but after looking through the national website and attending the informational meetings, she knew that this would be a perfect organization for her. With the efforts of herself and 49 other Brothers, on Wednesday, November 28th, 2007, the Epsilon Mu Chapter of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity was born! Nicole feels that it is truely a joy to be a Charter Member of her chapter! Nicole just graduated from UTSA on Saturday, May 8th, 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice, and a minor in Spanish. She is now an alumna of UTSA and the Epsilon Mu Chapter and looks forward to the rest of her future.
Collegiate Years at Epsilon Mu Chapter
- Spring 2008: Secretary and Service Chair
- Fall 2008: Secretary
- Spring 2009: Secretary
- Fall 2009: Service Chair and Inter-Chapter Relations Chair/Regional Delegate
- Spring 2010: Service Chair and Inter-Chapter Relations Chair/Regional Delegate
- During Fall 2009-Spring 2010, she helped to plan the 2010 Southwest Region Conference WICKED. She was assigned the Secretary position during the planning process.
Alumni Years to Present
Nicole graduated during Spring 2010 and looks forward to hopefully creating an Alumni Chapter or Alumni Association within the San Antonio, San Marcos, and Austin Region.
Thinks are going great with Phi Sigma Pi Alumni of Central Texas (PSPACT)! We are still small, but we are working on growing our membership and are hoping that we will get more members from the graduating class of 2014.
- Epsilon Mu Alumni Advisor - Fall 2010-Current
- WICKED #9 - Southwest Region (2008)- Sante Fe, New Mexico
- WICKED #10 - Southwest Region (2009)- Lubbock, Texas
- WICKED #11 - Southwest Region (2010)- Denver, Colorado
- Gamma Theta's Annual Mardi Gras Bash, Feb. 12th-14th, 2010- Baton Rouge, LA and New Orleans, LA
- Lonestar Region's Texas Throwdown, Jan. 28th-30, 2011- San Antonio, TX
- Lonestar Region's 2012 PSP Regional Conference, Jan. 27th-29th, 2012- Denton, TX
- Lonestar Region's 2013 PSP Regional Conference, Feb. 22nd-24th, 2013 - Austin, TX
- Lonestar Region's 2014 PSP Regional Conference, Feb. 28th-March 2, 2014 - San Marcos, TX
Bigs and Littles
Since Nicole was a Founding Brother of her chapter, she did not get the opportunity to have a Big Brother, but she would consider Brandon Langenberg to be like a Big Brother, especially since he was her chapter's Alumni Advisor during their chartering process.
Nicole Alabi has 4 Little Brothers:
- Little 1: Georgina Rodriguez, Alumna
- Little 2: Pilar Evans, Alumna
- Little 3: Chris Campbell, Alum
- Little 4: Richie Giddens Active Brother
- Grandlittle 1: Alicia Junaid, Alumna
- Grandlittle 2: Malcolm Ramey-Green, Expelled
- Grandlittle 3: Olivia Osband, Alumna
- Great-Grand Little 1: Juan Hernandez, Active Brother
- Great-Grand Little 2: Kyyla Mead, Alumna
- Great-Grand Little 3: Ashley Lafluer, Active Brother
- Great-Grand Little 4: Znobea Williams, Active Brother
- Great-Grand Little 5: Amira Hamed, Active Brother
- Great-Great Grand Little 1: Keith Wagner, Alum
- Great-Great Grand Little 2: Jacob Flores, Active Brother
- Great-Great Grand Little 3: Mayra Neri, Active Brother
- Great-Great Grand Little 4: Damariz Cureton, Active Brother
- Great-Great-Great Grand Little Brother 1: Kelsie Creeks, Active Brother
Other Interesting Facts
- Nicole is half Mexican and half Nigerian.
- Nicole has played the violin for about 13 years now.
- Nicole wants to get her PhD. in psychology and a J.D. so that she can eventually become a forensic psychologist for the FBI. :)