|Rachael Erika Shaffer|
Error creating thumbnail: File with dimensions greater than 12.5 MP
|Name||Rachael Erika Shaffer|
|Date Inducted||May 2, 2009|
|Roll Number||ΓΠ 252|
|Major||Family and Human Services - Services to Children and Youth|
|Birthdate||April 5, 1990|
Rachael Erika Shaffer (born 5 April 1990) is an alumna of Gamma Pi Chapter (ΓΠ 252) at Towson University. Rachael was born in Mountain View, California, but moved to Syracuse, New York and then Cherry Hill, New Jersey shortly thereafter. Around the age of two, her family settled in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, where she has lived ever since. Rachael is an only child.
Early Fraternity Life and Career
Rachael Shaffer decided to attend Towson University for the Fall 2008 semester after graduating from Lenape High School in Medford, New Jersey in June of 2008. In the spring of 2009 - the second semester of her freshman year - she decided to rush and subsequently join the Phi Sigma Pi initiation program as one of eight members of the Alpha Alpha class, five of which were inducted as Brothers on May 2, 2009.
Collegiate Years at Gamma Pi Chapter
- Co-Public Relations Chair with Carolyn Lampf, Fall 2009.
- Public Relations Chair, Spring 2010.
- Co-Inter-Chapter Relations Chair with Jacob Covert, Fall 2010.
- Co-Regional Delegate with Jacob Covert, Fall 2010.
- Vice President, Fall 2010-Fall 2011.
- Most Positive Brother: Fall 2009.
- PSP Pride: Spring 2010, Fall 2010, & Fall 2011.
- Most Likely to be on National Council: Fall 2011.
Alumni Years to Present
Rachael graduated from Towson University on May 23, 2012 with a Bachelors of Science degree in Family and Human Services and a concentration in Services to Children and Youth.
From September 2012 to June 2013, Rachael worked full-time with the Autism and ABA Support Department of the Educational Services Unit in the Burlington County Special Services School District as an ABA Support Trainer. Unfortunately, the department was dissolved at the end of the 2012-2013 school year and all if its employees had to be laid off. Luckily, beginning in September 2013, Rachael joined the Pioneer Autism and Sensory Center (PASC) on the Burlington County Special Services School District Campus as a Teacher's Assistant. The following February, she decided to take a position as a 1:1 Education Program Associate at the Bancroft School in Haddonfield, NJ and is still there today.
In the fall of 2013, Rachael also began graduate school at Drexel University Online in order to obtain her Masters of Science in Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum, as well as her Elementary and Special Education, and Applied Behavior Analysis certifications.
On May 26, 2014, Rachael got engaged to her boyfriend of three years, Matthew Griffin, an alumnus of the University of Pittsburgh. The couple plans to wed on August 23, 2015 at a winery in Shamong, NJ.
- 2010 Alpha Eta Kick the Silence - University of Delaware
- 2010 National Convention - Harrisburg, PA
- 2010 Alpha Eta Hope Bowl - University of Delaware
- 2010 Gamma Pi Tour of Camden Yards - Towson University
- 2011 Capital Region Conference - University of Maryland, College Park
- 2011 Alpha Eta Kick the Silence - University of Delaware
- 2011 Alpha Beta Volleyball - University of Maryland, College Park
- 2011 National Convention - Arlington, VA
- 2011 Gamma Pi Tripod Weekend - Towson University
Bigs and Littles
Rachael has three little brothers:
- Rossanne Pailthorp, alumna as of May 2012.
- Tori Maciejak, alumna as of May 2012.
- Rachel Spears, alumna as of May 2013.
- Email -- email@example.com
- Facebook -- Rachael Erika Shaffer
- Twitter -- @rachaelerika
- Blogs -- http://rachaelerika.tumblr.com, http://rachaelerika.blogspot.com/
- Poetry -- http://www.fictionpress.com/~passions
Other Interesting Facts
- Rachael loves to travel and has been to over 20 US states and territories, 8 European countries, Israel, Canada, Mexico, and multiple Caribbean islands. She met Brittany Spector on her trip to Israel and convinced her to rush Phi Sigma Pi!
- Rachael loves Phi Sigma Pi so much, she named her iPod Sophia!