|Date Inducted||November 18, 2000|
|Major||Social Relations (Undergraduate); Public Administration and Fundraising (Graduate)|
|Birthdate||June 12, 1981|
|Awards||Chapter Service Key (2003)|
Early Fraternity Life and Career
As an undergraduate at Michigan State University, Sarah decided to rush Phi Sigma Pi in the fall of 2000, after learning more about the organization through a friend, and attending a meet night. After a series of interviews, Sarah was invited to attend the Beta Sigma Chapter's Chapter Interviews event, where she had the first opportunity to meet her future husband, Matthew Cantwell. Matt was her first interviewer (they did not start dating for several years).
After being invited to become an initiate, Sarah served as her rush class Secretary -- just the beginning in a series of leadership positions within the Chapter.
Collegiate Years at Beta Sigma Chapter
Upon her induction, Sarah remained active in everyday Fraternity business. Over the course of the next several years, Sarah maintained leadership roles within the Chapter. Her roles included:
- Initiation Co-Chair (Fall 2001)
- Chapter Vice President (Spring 2002)
- Chapter President (2002-2003)
Alumni Years to Present
After graduating from Michigan State, Sarah pursued a Graduate Degree in Public Administration from MSU. This provided her with the opportunity to stay close to her undergraduate chapter for some time.
After marrying fellow brother, Matt Cantwell, on November 5, 2005, she moved to New Jersey to pursue a career as a professional fundraiser.
Today, Sarah is raising money for Team USA as a Major Gift Fundraiser with the US Olympic Committee.
- Vice President of Finance, 2014-present
- Vice President of Alumni Development, 2010-2014
- Member of the National Development Committee
- Member of the former Chapter Development Committee
- NAA Member
Bigs and Littles
Sarah has three Little Brothers:
- web page?
Other Interesting Facts
- Is obsessed with Michigan State Athletics. It is not uncommon to see her yelling at a television set in hopes that her cheers will reach the ears of the players.
- Attended her first Olympic Games this past February, and enjoyed watching the Nation's elite athletes in action.
- Has two cats -- Bella and Nuggett
- Will finish her second graduate degree in Fundraising Management from Columbia University in December 2010.
|Vice President of Finance|
Matthew Nicoletta, Beta Kappa
|Vice President of Alumni Development|
Charles Pindle, Gamma Xi
Ryan Alexander, Epsilon Xi