West Virginia University
|Date Inducted||November 13, 2003|
|Roll Number||ΑΜ 418|
|Birthdate||August 22, 1984|
Shane Miller (born 22 August 1984) is an Alumnus of Alpha Mu Chapter (ΑΜ 418) at West Virginia University. He served as National Secretary of The Phi Sigma Pi Foundation from 2008 to 2012. In 2015, he was presented a Chapter Service Key by Alpha Mu Chapter.
Early Fraternity Life and Career
Shane decided to attend West Virginia University as a result of the PROMISE scholarship, which grants free tuition to West Virginia residents at state schools. He decided to pledge after seeing a banner in the Mountainlair (WVU's student union) and receiving an e-mail about the "opportunity of a lifetime."
Shane was unique in that he pledged as a first-semester freshman, since he had transfer hours and gpa from college work completed in high school.
Collegiate Years at Alpha Mu Chapter
Chapter Offices Held
- Chapter Service Co-Chair, spring 2004
- Chapter Recording Secretary, fall 2004
- Chapter Vice President, 2005
- Chapter Regional Delegate, fall 2007
Shane graduated in December 2007 with a BA in political science. In August 2008, he completed a second BA in history. He remained at WVU for graduate school, completing an MA in educational leadership in August 2009.
Other College Involvement
Shane is a former student body attorney general at West Virginia University (2006-2007) and served as the 2005-2007 Academic Ambassdor for the WVU Honors College.
Shane served as one of six students in the nation who serve on the Board of Directors of the National Collegiate Honors Council. In that role he also served as co-chair of the NCHC Student Concerns Committee, a student member of the 2008 NCHC Conference Planning Committee, and on the Search Committee for the new NCHC Executive Director.
Currently, Shane works for Chevron as a Land Ownership Representative in the headquarters group of Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company. He is based in Houston, TX and primarily focuses on the Appalachian region.
- Phi Sigma Pi Foundation Member
- Phi Sigma Pi Heritage Society Member
- Phi Sigma Pi Foundation Board of Directors (2008-2012)
- Phi Sigma Pi Foundation Secretary (2008-2012)
- Constitution and Chapter Standards Committee (2008-2009)
- Nominee for National Secretary, 2008
- National Convention, 2008
- Beta Iota Founders Day, 2004
Big and Littles
Shane's big is Scott Mercer, an alumnus of the Alpha Mu chapter. Shane's grandbig is Jeremy Reed, an alumnus of the Kappa Chapter, honorary Alpha Mu brother, and former Phi Sigma Pi Foundation Board of Directors member.
Shane has 4 Little Brothers:
- Tony Roush, alumnus. Tony was a candidate for Vice President of Chapter Development in the 2006 National Council election and is a member of the National Development Committee.
- Steve Dimit, alumnus
- Jamie Latos, expelled
- Chelsea Clagg, alumna
As of the Spring 2008 semester, a total of 15 Alpha Mu brothers are directly descended from Shane.