Zeta Iota Treasurer
|Zeta Iota Treasurer|
|Current Treasurer||Brian Nessel|
|First Treasurer||Cory Hall|
|Term Length||2 Semesters|
|Term Start Date||Spring Semester|
|Member of||Executive Board|
The Treasurer of Zeta Iota makes sure that dues are paid. They are also responsible for the budgets of every committee.
The following duties are according to Zeta Iota's bylaws:
- Report at the Chapter meetings the financial status of the Chapter accounts, including, but not limited to, delinquent Dues
- Remit appropriate moneys to the National Office by the specified due date
- Propose, in conjunction with the Finance Committee (Fundraising Committee) the budget for the next fiscal year.
- By no later than the first Chapter Meeting, set and ensure proper communication to the Zeta Iota Chapter of when all dues must be received or a payment plan be established. This deadline must be no less than one week from the date the deadline is originally communicated to the Chapter.
- Receive and record all moneys of the Chapter and provide for the moneys' security
- Adhere to the budget approved by the Executive Board and the Membership of the Chapter
- Pay all debts and expenses;
- Maintain a record of receipts and expenditures, and balance the accounts;
- Serve as an Ex-officio Member of the Finance Committee (Fund-Raising Committee) and all other general Chapter purpose monetary generating committees
- Provide explanations to questions posed by the Financial Review Board (Group conducting the Chapter's Annual Financial Review) for the completion of the Financial Review Board's report
- Preside over the meeting of the Chapter in the absence of the President, Vice President, and Secretary
- Relinquish possession of the records to the newly elected treasurer prior to the new officer installations.
The Treasurer is also responsible for showing monthly statements on Chapter finances. This important to see how money is being spent and who is spending it.