|Dr. Claude A. Phillips|
|Name||Dr. Claude A. Phillips|
University of Central Missouri
|Roll Number||Α 2|
Early Fraternity Life and Career
Claude Phillips spent a total of eighteen years at Warrensburg. There he served as Professor of History and Philosophy of Education and then Dean of the Faculty and Head of the Department of Education. He went on to become the director of the University Elementary School at the University of Missouri. He served as the chairman for the University of Missouri Committee on Accredited Schools and Colleges from 1926 to 1949. Wrote several books on education, including Adventuring in Young America and Building Our Country, both published in 1929.
- Founder of Phi Sigma Pi
- Adventuring in Young America, 1929
- Building Our Country, 1929
- Fundamentals in Elementary Education, 1916
- Fifty Years of Public School Teaching: From Rural Teacher to University Professor, 1948
- History of Education in Missouri: The Essential Facts Concerning The History & Organization of Missouris Schools, 1911
- Modern Methods and the Elementary Curriculum, 1925
- The Claude A. Phillips Fellowship Award is named in his honor.