Event Type: Car Wash
Average Amount Raised: Almost $150
Startup Cost: maybe $10 for soap. The buckets, sponges, and towers can be borrowed from brothers at no cost. The location, we had our beautiful and smart brothers tall to a gas station and we got it free for a day. Water is free too from the gas station. But if we have to pay it wouldn't be that much.
Time required: 2 weeks of planning, 2 weeks of flyers (through facebook, word of mouth, and actual flyers), 6-7 hours (event)
Resources required: gas station or someone's backyard, water, manpower
Materials required: sponge, soap, bucket, flyers
Event Summary: Raise money through manpower of washing people's car. $5/car and it takes on average 5-10 minutes/car. People would tip so we actually get more than $5/car.
1. Find the location, usually gas station or backyard.
2. Find a sunny day, usually saturday when people is on weekend and drives their cars around for fun without time constraint.
3. Get brothers to sign up for shifts. 1 hour shift per brother is required. We would have at least 2-3 brothers at site at all time.
4. Give out flyers, post event on facebook, word of mouth to everyone on campus.
6. Come to the car wash prepared with sponge and soap and such, and very important: posters.
7. When brothers are washing a car, the other can hold posters to get business. Usually at a gas station, after people fill their tank, it is very easy to get them to our car wash.
8. Get cash