Initiate Class Officers
The following is a list of Initiate Class officers from various Chapters. Where possible duties are also listed. This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all possible offices. Chapters may utilize any of these or add additional roles as they see fit.
- The President typically oversees the activities of the Initiate class
- They may serve as a liaison to the active Collegiate Chapter or designated point of contact such as an Initiate Advisor
- They may provide reports to the Chapter either on a regular basis or as needed
- They may help with morale issues
- The President presides over all meetings of the Initiate class.
- Vice President
- May serve in the absence of the President
- Solicits reports from Initiate class officers and committee chairs
- Keeps notes of any class meetings
- Documents information of the Initiate class for Chapter history
- Recognize Initiate class birthdays
- Act as a banker, holding the funds deposited, and paying them out on the order of the Initiate Class
- Maintain records of all funds received and all expenses incurred and present a current balance to the Initiate Class
- Various Chair roles: Service, Scholarship, Social, Philanthropy, Fundraising Chairs
- These chair roles often are responsible for leading the planning of an Initiate Class event in each respective area
All content submitted to the Phi Sigma Pi Wiki-based Resource Guides is considered the shared property of Phi Sigma Pi and its members. Please do not submit content unless you are comfortable that it may be edited, amended, altered or removed by other contributors. Malevolent destruction of content and/or posting of blatantly inappropriate content may be considered conduct unbecoming a brother.
Content that is likely to be considered unacceptable and inappropriate includes, but is not limited to: content relating to illegal activities of any kind, or activities prohibited by Phi Sigma Pi or University Rules or Regulations, references to (legal or illegal) use of alcohol or drugs, sexually explicit material or references and/or content describing or promoting hazing, discrimination, or harassment of any kind.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by Phi Sigma Pi of the linked web sites, or the information contained therein. Phi Sigma Pi does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Any external hyperlinks should conform to the rules as outlined in Editing FAQs otherwise they may be removed. Inappropriate adding of external hyperlinks may be considered conduct unbecoming a brother.
All content in the Resource Guides should be considered as advice only, and no content or advice should be followed if in conflict with the Phi Sigma Pi National Constitution, University Regulations, or state, local, or federal law.