Lauren's Rush and Upsilon Initiate Class Experience
Lauren Nicole Puls joined Phi Sigma Pi in her second semester of college at the Universtiy of North Texas (Go Mean Green!). She found out about Phi Sigma Pi through one of her favorite Brothers - Nick Overbeck. They met through an Underground Dodgeball League that they were both a part of and found out that they are from the same hometown (Small world, huh?)! They instantly clicked and Nick thought it was a great opportunity to invite her to rush Phi Sigma Pi for the Spring 2010 semester. Lauren was so incredibly excited to go through recruitment and she went to almost all of the rush events. Lauren was also really nervous about going through recruitment since she had just been rejected from the Panhellenic sororities that she rushed for. Nonetheless, Lauren was initiated into the Upsilon Initiate Class of Delta Kappa Chapter on February 14, 2010. During the initiate process, Lauren ran for President of her class, but unfortuately did not get the position. Instead, Lauren was extremely active in her Initate Class' Scholarship Committee and she planned the Scholarship event for her class in order to show the Brothers that she was a worthy to become a Brother and would be an incredible asset to Phi Sigma Pi. The Scholarship event included eating dinner at Dick's Last Resort and attending a Spoof of Sherlock Holmes at the Pocket Sandwich Theater. According to a few of the Alumni from Delta Kappa, this was one of the most entertaining events they had ever attended!
Lauren's Experience as an Undergraduate Brother
Lauren has been highly active in the Dynamic Delta Kappa Chapter and in the Lonestar Region. During her first semester as a Brother, Lauren was elected to be the Recruitment/Public Relations Adviser and planned rush for the Fall 2010 and Spring 2011 semesters. After the Spring recruitment, Lauren decided to resign from her position in order to focus on her academics and job with housing. During Lauren's service as the Recruitment Adviser, she created the Chapter's Facebook Page, Twitter account, and their Gmail account in order to improve PR and communication for Delta Kappa. Now, Lauren has been elected to be the Inter-Chapter Relations Chair and Regional Delegate for Delta Kappa and is very excited to contribute to Delta Kappa and Phi Sigma Pi in this position!
Leadership Positions Held
- Delta Kappa Inter-Chapter Relations Chair from Fall 2011 - Spring 2012
- Delta Kappa Grand Chapter Delegate for the 2011 National Convention
- Delta Kappa Recruitment/Public Relations Adviser from Fall 2010 - Spring 2011
- Delta Kappa Recruitment/Public Relations Committee Chair from Fall 2010 - Spring 2011
- Delta Kappa Awards and Brotherhood Committee member from Fall 2010 - Spring 2011
- Co-hosted the Lonestar Region Conference in San Antonio, TX in Spring 2011.
- Attended the second annual Chapter Hop event hosted in San Marcos, TX, by Delta Phi, Fall 2010.
- Attended Delta Psi's Boat Party in Spring 2010.
- Grand Chapter Delegate at the 2011 National Convention in Washington, D.C.
- Attended the 2010 National Convention in Harrisburg, PA.
- Leadership in Action certified and is a certified facilitator.
Big/Little Family History
15 Fun Facts
- Lauren has naturally curly, crazy hair.
- Lauren has never afraid to speak in front of crowds - no matter how many people are in the audience. In fact, she has spoken in front of crowds with 1,000+ people in the audience!
- Lauren was involved in theatre in high school and participated in 15 different productions.
- Lauren wants to be a private investigator whenever she graduates from UNT.
- In college, Lauren has been a Freshman Orientation Leader, Eagle Camp Leader, and a Housing Ambassador.
- If Lauren's career in law enforcement doesn't work out, she would like to go into higher education or open up a bakery.
- In high school, Lauren shrank 2 inches and then after she graduated high school, she miraculously grew 1 inch(She's around 5' 1" now).
- Lauren has an adorable minature schnauzer names Leonitis.
- Lauren can't drink soda because the carbonation makes her really sick.
- Lauren is allergic to nail polish, guacamole (not the individual ingredients, just guacamole as a whole - She still eats it though), asprin, and ants.
- Lauren started playing tennis when she was 3 years old, but she stopped during her junior year of high school.
- Lauren got her first stitches when she was a senior in high school when she ran into a license plate in the Best Buy parking lot.
- Lauren's top 15 favorite TV shows are Tyler Perry's House of Payne, NCIS, Surprise Homecoming, Ice Loves Coco, House, Criminal Minds, Chelsea Lately, Hard Time, Law and Order: SVU, My Strange Addiction, Mob Wives, I Married a Mobster, Deadly Women, Family Guy and The Nanny.
- Lauren's top 15 favorite movies are Back to the Future (1, 2, and 3), 300, The American President, Lean on Me, Schindler's List, Driving Miss Daisy, Law Abiding Citizen, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Avatar, Forrest Gump, Sweet Home Alabama, The Good Girl, The Family Man, The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons and Sherlock Holmes.
- Lauren has hugged Dirk Nowitzki - it was magical.