Alumni Panel Discussions
Delta Alpha Chapter
The Delta Alpha Chapter holds panel discussions in which Alumni come back in the spring and talk to the Chapter, in particular graduating seniors about life after college. The panels have varied but often have a strong cross section of majors from the university who can address common questions as it related to their field of work. Alumni who can not attend are invited to submit one page hand outs answering many of the expected questions in advance. This is also an event where local Alumni who went to other colleges can be invited to participate.
Potential seminar topics include:
- Grad school
- Writing your resume and cover letters
- Finding a first job
- Applying and interviewing
- First year in the workplace
- Understanding your benefits (401(k), flex-spending, pre-tax allocations)
Gamma Pi Chapter
The Gamma Pi Chapter has started to hold Alumni Panels as a way for Alumni to come back and talk to the current active Chapter. The panel topics vary, but are a good way for Brothers to learn about life after college, making connections, budgeting, and getting involved with Phi Sigma Pi after graduation. This event has been well received by the Alumni and the Chapter. Alumni from different Chapters are welcome to sit on the panel as well.
The panel starts with a keynote speaker. (Past keynote speakers have been Mike Noll and Jen Rudolph.) The speech usually lasts around 30-45 minutes. After the speech, the Alumni re-introduce themselves and talk for a few minutes about their careers. The floor is then opened up to questions the Brothers may have.
Topics discussed include:
- Leadership in the Chapter, even if one does not hold a position
- How to stay involved with Phi Sigma Pi after graduation (The President of the GBAAA was a guest on the panel. Good for Alumni Chapter recruitment events as well.)
- Budgeting money
- Using the Tripod in life after Phi Sigma Pi
- Preparing oneself for the future