Alumni Weekends are typically a series of events that welcome Alumni back to a university and are targeted towards their participation. By holding different types of events from Friday evening to Sunday morning a Chapter can potentially maximize the number of participating Alumni.
- Alumni Homecoming Events or sporting event tailgates
- Alumni Panel Discussions
- Alumni Reunions
- Collegiate members vs. Alumni Member activities
- Every year Tau Chapter holds an Alumni vs. Collegiate Members softball tournament the Sunday afternoon following their Founders Day banquet. The event had been on going for years and the friendly rivalry brings Alumni back to the campus.
Things to Remember
- Not all of your Alumni are local so many will not be able to make a Friday evening or late Sunday afternoon/evening events
- Many Alumni will not know the Collegiate Chapter Members and may also not know their fellow Alumni. Plan introduction events and even post information online before the event.
- Alumni traveling from out of town likely will need information for hotel accommodations
- Have events that are spouse and kid friendly, and remember to let your Alumni know they can bring their family