Early Fraternity Life and Career
In her own words:
"Before I joined Phi Sigma Pi I was a bored college kid just going through the motions. I didn’t enjoy school because I wasn’t involved in anything other than classes, which was very different from the life I lived in high school. I decided to join an organization that was credible and honorable to both strengthen my involvement in the community as well as meet new and different college kids working toward a common goal. Phi Sigma Pi, with its tripod of scholarship, leadership, and fellowship, allowed me to remain committed to my academics while also learning and growing as an individual, with other peers, and as a member of my community. It was the perfect fit!"
Collegiate Years at Epsilon Xi Chapter
- Service Committee Chair – Fall ’09, Spring ‘10
- Relay for Life – Spring ’09 – we did awesome for our first year participating!
- Second Harvest Canned Food Creation for homecoming – Fall ’09 – We collected over 250 cans to go toward feeding needy families in our area for Thanksgiving!
- Teach for America backpack drive – Fall ’09 – We collected 45 backpacks for children in schools involved in Teach for America
- Pen Pal letters with TFA school – Spring ’10 – Some brothers were paired with a child in a 4th grade class in Lake Village, Arkansas (a TFA school) and wrote letters learning about one another throughout the semester!
- Donation Drive for Seniors’ Center – Spring ’10 – We helped a Brother in her efforts to help the senior citizens of our area. We collected over 290 food items and 261 personal items as well as $125 for the local Seniors’ Center. Our drive allowed each brand location to have bingo prizes for at least 3 months, and the money we raised will go to fund an Ice Cream Social as well as a Spaghetti Dinner for low-income seniors.
- Shepherd’s Breakfast – Spring ’10 – Brothers will help prepare and feed breakfast to and fellowship with the homeless population in our area one Saturday morning.
- Walk-to-Talk – Spring ’10 – Epsilon Xi donated over 200 cookies to ETSU's annual Autism Awareness Relay.
Bigs and Littles
Eden's Big Brother is Jarrod Reeves, who is now Alumni.
Eden can be reached via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Interesting Facts
- Was Homecoming queen, Prom queen, Class president, and Valedictorian of her high school class - (overachiever!)
- Eden spent her 18th birthday in Scotland and her 21st in San Diego, California.
- She can wiggle her ears.
- Has been a mascot for a minor league baseball team, the Elizabethton Twins!