Early Fraternity Life and Career
Lauren decided to attend the Georgia Institute of Technology to prove that a Tanguay could in-fact graduate from Georgia Tech, as both of her parents attended and dropped out. She is currently working toward two undergraduate degrees in Architecture and Computer Science. Shortly after the start of the second semester of sophomore year Lauren realized that she needed to be more involved in activities outside of campus. Fate struck once again, while reading her email she saw an advertisement for a Phi Sigma Pi info session which started in thirty minutes and she decided to attend. It was love at first sight.
Collegiate Years at Epsilon Theta Chapter
After being inducted on April 9th, 2010 as Epsilon Theta's 84th Brother, Lauren participated in many of the Chapter events such as Retreat and Formal. She quickly made many close friends which strengthened after events such as Brotherhood Retreat and spring break with some fellow Brothers. She has held several positions within the Chapter including Public Relations Chair, Corresponding Secretary, and Historian.
- Attended Mid South Region Conference hosted by Epsilon Nu (Kennesaw State University)
- Attended National Convention in Washington DC in 2011
Bigs and Littles
- Lauren is the first little of Shannon Lindsey which makes her a member of Epsilon Theta's Fay Family. She is also the Twin of Lauren McDonald. She is nicknamed Thing One by her fellow family member when it was realized that there would now be two Lauren's in the family.
- Lauren now has two littles of her own; Jackie Wehling of Theta Class, and Daniel Blanchard of the Lambda Class
|The Fay Family|
|Tom Fay (Charter)|
|Paymen Sabetghadam (Α)||Anand Nallathambi (Β)||Shannon Lindsey (Ε)||Tyler Cunningham* (Charter)|
|Yichen Fang (Β)||Tyler Edelen* (Α)||Robert Fisher (Ι)||Lauren Tanguay (Ζ)||Lauren McDonald (H)||
|Sven Schlumpberger (Δ)||Minnie Tang (Ε)||Jackie Wehling (Θ)||Daniel Blanchard (Λ)||Robyn Marshall (Ι)||Rahul Duvvuri(Λ)|
|Ryan Davis (Ζ)||Victoria Mattox* (Ε)||Peyton Airington(Λ)||Maggie McKinney (Κ)|
|Aaron Finkel (Λ)|
|Inactive||Alumni||Initiate||Active Brother||* = Adopted into the family|
Other Interesting Facts
- Lauren refuses to wear matching socks
- She has been known to make strange noises while driving or walking around
- Lauren is an expert at getting lost. She was once responsible for driving several Brothers to retreat. It took her car 8 hours to drive what should have taken an hour and a half...