National Constitution Article XIX
ARTICLE XIX: NATIONAL AWARDS
Section 1. National Award Eligibility
- The National Award Eligibility Period shall be from the start of one National Awards Banquet until the start of the following National Awards Banquet.
- National Awards shall be given out at a National Awards Banquet and recognize Chapters’ achievements during the most recent National Award Eligibility Period.
- A Chapter must be in good standing at the time of the National Awards Banquet in order to be eligible for a National Award.
- A Chapter is ineligible to receive a National Award if during any part of the National Award
Eligibility Period, the Chapter:
- Has been more than 30 days Delinquent as defined in Article XVIII, Section 1; or
- Has been under disciplinary sanction levied by the National Council.
Section 2. Distinguished Service Keys
- The National Council shall be authorized to approve annually by eight (8) votes in the affirmative the award of a Distinguished Service Key to a Member who has rendered distinguished service to Phi Sigma Pi and has been nominated by a Chapter or a National Council Member. Members who have rendered particularly meritorious service to Phi Sigma Pi may be recommended for the award by a three-fourths (3/4) vote of the Chapter.
- The National Council shall be authorized to approve annually by at least seven (7) votes in the affirmative for each recipient the award of a Distinguished Service Key to a National Council Member who has rendered distinguished service to Phi Sigma Pi.
- The Distinguished Service Keys awarded shall be purchased by appropriations from the National Treasury.
Section 3: Outstanding Chapter Award(s)
The National Council shall be authorized to approve awards for the most outstanding Collegiate Chapter(s) in Phi Sigma Pi. The award shall be evaluated based upon their respective criteria.
Section 4: Other National Awards
The National Council shall be authorized to establish additional National Awards that the National Council deems appropriate.
|Note: The National Constitution provided on the Phi Sigma Pi wiki is for informational purposes only, and may not accurately represent the current National Constitution in effect when this page is viewed. The official version of the National Constitution is maintained by Phi Sigma Pi on the National Website.|
|Article I · Article II · Article III · Article IV · Article V · Article VI · Article VII · Article VIII · Article IX · Article X · Article XI · Article XII · Article XIII · Article XIV · Article XV · Article XVI · Article XVII · Article XVIII · Article XIX · Article XX · Article XXI · Article XXII · Article XXIII · Article XXIV · Article XXV|