Early Fraternity Life and Career
After graduating from Melbourne Central Catholic High School in May 2002, Natalie enrolled in the University of Florida the following July. Natalie had known about Phi Sigma Pi since high school, as a good friend of hers was already a Gamma Epsilon Brother. Natalie rushed in Fall of 2002, and received a bid to join the Lambda pledge class, and immediately fell in love with the organization. After completing the eight week initiation program, Natalie received a bid to become a Brother and was inducted November 24, 2002.
Collegiate Years at Gamma Epsilon Chapter
After being inducted, Natalie took a semester to serve as a non-elected leader, and joined the Historian committee. After serving on this committee, Natalie felt the time was right to apply for a Committee Chair position. In the Fall of 2003, she was selected to serve as Chair of the Brother Bonding Committee, a position that she shared with Brother Katie Hodges. She served as Chair of this committee for two semesters. In the Fall of 2004, she served as Chair of the Public Relations Committee, along with co-chair, Becca Stephen. During this semester, the pair, along with the help of their committee, teamed up with the Service Committee (chaired by Rachel Christner), to plan of the biggest events in Gamma Epsilon's history, the first annual 5K Run For The Kids. This event attracted over 80 participants, and raised over 800 dollars for Teach For America.
In the Spring of 2005, when current Historian Katie Cobb, stepped down, Natalie contested the election for interim Historian, and was elected to serve out the remainder of Katie's term. During this time, she implemented a focus on the history of our organization, and partnered with Initiate Advisors to assure that future generations of Gamma Epsilon were on top of their Phi Sigma Pi historical knowledge. At the end of the term, Natalie was re-elected to serve as Historian for the 2005-2006 Academic Year.
Natalie was recognized with several superlatives at the chapter's semesterly banquets, including Most Spirited Brother, Best Big/Little Pair, Most Likely to be an Active Alumni, Best Big Brother, and was honored to receive the Chapter Service Key in the Spring of 2006.
Alumni Years to Present
After graduating from the University of Florida in Spring 2006, Natalie joined Phi Sigma Pi's National Staff as a Region Consultant. Natalie was in charge of assisting 24 collegiate chapters in the South, Southeast and Southwest Regions. It was truly one of the greatest experiences of her life.
When the term as consultant ended, Natalie stayed active both nationally, and with the Gamma Epsilon Chapter, being elected to serve on the chapter's Alumni Advisory Board. She also serves on the Gamma Theta Chapter's Alumni Advisory Council. Additionally she served on the National Development Committee from 2007-2010. In 2009, she was awarded the Rolla F. Wood Graduate Scholarship.
Natalie graduated from Louisiana State University in May 2010 with a Master of Arts degree in Speech-Language Pathology. She now lives in Tampa, Florida and works as a Speech-Language Pathologist for a pediatric and adult home health agency.
- National Secretary, 2014 - present
- Vice President of Membership Development (2010-2014)
- Alternative Break Project (2009, 2010)
- National Development Committee (2007-2010)
- Region Consultant (2006-2007)
- Grand Chapter (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- National Convention (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- WICKED (2007)
- GET SLAM'D (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)
- Gamma Chi Boos and Bros (2003, 2005, 2006)
- Gamma Theta Mardi Gras (2003)
- Gamma Eta Hayride (2003)
Bigs and Littles
Natalie's Big Brother is Matthew Moody, who is now an Alumnus.
Natalie has 2 Little Brothers:
- E-mail: email@example.com
Other Interesting Facts
- Natalie has had a Phi Sigma Pi Brother as a roommate for the last eight years.
- Natalie and her two littles all have the same major (Communication Sciences and Disorders).
- Natalie was a bridesmaid in the wedding of Gamma Epsilon Brothers Rachel Christner and Michael Howard, where her Big was the Best Man, and her Little was the Maid of Honor.
- Natalie can reference almost any situation to an episode of "Friends"
Chris McCoy, Gamma Beta
|Vice President of Membership Development|
Patrick Herron, Alpha Epsilon
Chris McCoy, Gamma Beta