Early Fraternity Life and Career
Matt decided to attend West Chester University of Pennsylvania as a Forensic & Toxicological Chemistry major. He was inducted into Phi Sigma Pi in the Spring of his Freshman year on April 3, 2009 as part of the Alpha Sigma Pledge class of the Alpha Epsilon Chapter.
Collegiate Years at Alpha Epsilon Chapter
The summer after being inducted, Matt served as Alpha Epsilon's Alternate Delegate at the 2009 National Convention in Louisville, KY. In the Fall 2009 he served as Public Relations Chair and helped with recruiting for the Alpha Tau pledge class along with advertising/raising awareness for ICR events throughout the semester. In the Spring of 2010 Matt attended the East Region Conference hosted by Alpha Epsilon, his first Regional Conference. At the end of the semester Matt was elected to serve as Parliamentarian for the 2010-2011 academic year. He also attended the 2010 National Convention in Harrisburg, PA that summer.
In his role as Parliamentarian, Matt focused on improving Brothers' knowledge of Robert's Rule of Order. He held an informative presentation that outlined basic procedures and terminology, distributed documents with quick facts and tips about Parliamentary Procedure, and encouraged all Brothers to be involved in debates by helping creating an atmosphere where everyone felt comfortable speaking. He helped Brothers navigate Chapter and National documents and was a valuable resource throughout his undergraduate career for Parliamentary Procedure. That spring he attended the first Philadelphia Metropolitan Regional Conference hosted by Alpha Eta, and over the summer attended the 2011 National Convention in Washington, D.C.
During Matt's last year at Alpha Epsilon he held served as Regional Representative and helped plan the 2012 Philadelphia Metropolitan Regional Conference hosted by Gamma Xi. He was head of the Scholarship Committee for the Conference. In his role he organized the roundtable discussions and the keynote speaker.
Matt graduated from West Chester University in May, 2012.
Alumni Years to Present
After graduating from West Chester University, Matt moved to Baltimore, MD to attend graduate school at University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) working towards his Ph.D. in Forensic Toxicology.
During the summer of 2013 Matt attended the 2013 National Convention in Philadelphia, PA. Following, he served as one of two Region Volunteers to the Capital Region during the planning of the 2014 Capital Region Conference hosted by Beta Lambda. Additionally, he attended the 2014 Philadelphia Metropolitan Region Conference hosted by Zeta Iota.
Matt continues stay involved with the Alpha Epsilon Chapter and attending events.
- Constitution and Chapter Standards Committee member, 2014-present
- Baltimore Area Alumni Association member, 2014-present
- Leadership in Action Leadership Advancement Society member, 2014
- Capital Region Conference Region Volunteer, 2013-2014
- National Development Committee member, 2013-2014
- National Alumni Association member, 2012-Present
- Capital Chapter member, 2012-2014
- Leadership in Action Certified, 2012
- National Convention, 2009-2011, 2013
- Grand Chapter, 2009 Alternate Delegate
- 2014 Capital Region Conference - Hosted by Beta Lambda
- 2014 Philadelphia Metropolitan Region Conference - Hosted by Zeta Iota
- 2013 Philadelphia Metropolitan Region Conference - Hosted by Epsilon Tau
- 2012 Philadelphia Metropolitan Region Conference - Hosted by Gamma Xi
- 2011 Philadelphia Metropolitan Region Conference - Hosted by Alpha Eta
- 2010 East Region Conference - Hosted by Alpha Epsilon
Bigs and Littles
Matthew's Big Brother is Jaclyn (Jackie) Bell, who is an Alumna of Alpha Epsilon Chapter. His twin is Stacy Fromhold.
Matt has one Little Brother:
- Scarlett Murphy (AX Pledge Class), Alumna
- National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program
- Pre-doctoral IRTA
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences, Toxicology section student affiliate, Feb. 2013-present
- Society of Forensic Toxicologists, student member, Oct. 2012-present
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Ph.D. Candidate, Toxicology (expected graduation 2017)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- B.S., Forensic & Toxicological Chemistry
- B.S., Chemistry
- Minor, Biology
Other Interesting Facts
- Between Matt's Induction and the Induction of the Alpha Omega Pledge Class in Spring 2012, Matt was the only Chemistry major in AE.
- Matt is a Black Belt in Tae-Kwon-Do
- Matt has been teaching himself guitar since he was 18
- Matt has lived in 4 states and attended two middle schools and two high schools.