Constitution and Chapter Standards Committee
The Constitution and Chapter Standards Committee (commonly referred to as C&CS) is a National Council Standing Committee chaired by the Senior Vice President. The committee is primarily responsible for making recommendations to the National Council and the Grand Chapter regarding the governing documents and parliamentary procedure education.
Constitutional Authority and Responsibilities
The duties of the Constitution and Chapter Standards Committee are outlined in Article XIV of the National Constitution, and encompass three main responsibilities:
1. Advise on changes and improvements to the National Constitution.
2. Explore methods of Parliamentary Procedure education.
3. Review all proposed amendments to the National Constitution for consistency in language, format, and compliance.
The composition of the Constitution and Chapter Standards Committee is specified in Article XIV of the National Constitution, which requires at least one National Officer and at least one Active Collegiate Member in good standing. All members are appointed to the committee by the National President on recommendation by the Senior Vice President.
Membership for the 2014-2015 term:
- Jonah Goodman (Delta Alpha Chapter, Capital Chapter)
- Alejandro Chock (Beta Iota Chapter)
- Jillian Blueford (Gamma Chi Chapter, CFAC)
- Chris Crout (Tau Chapter, ENCAC, GMAC)
- Chris Costantino (Gamma Xi Chapter)
- Alex Moyer (Epsilon Nu Chapter)
- Jessica Way (Alpha Chapter)
- Michael Diamond (Epsilon Chapter)
- Matthew Newmeyer (Alpha Epsilon Chapter, BAAA)
- Kevin Valade (Gamma Epsilon Chapter)
- Michael McGuigan (Beta Pi Chapter)
- Brian Bunton (Vice President of Chapter Development, Beta Kappa Chapter)
- Review Sanction Appeal Board amendments from Grand Chapter 2014 (IN PROGRESS)