Epsilon Nu Chapter
- 1 Chapter History
- 2 About Epsilon Nu
- 3 Chapter Events & Activities
- 4 Past Events & Activities
- 5 Initiate Classes
- 6 Alumni
- 7 Awards
- 8 Further Resources
- 9 In the News
Founding and Early Years
Epsilon Nu was founded on April 15th, 2008.The Chapter was founded by 24 members with the help of David Rosengrant (Chapter Advisor), and Tabatha Haney at Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw, Georgia. After a successful colonization, with the help of Beta Zeta and Epsilon Theta, the Epsilon Nu Chapter was up and running. They welcomed the Alpha class at the end of the Fall 2008 semester, and Beta in the Spring 2009 semester. Today they are working to build not only the Chapter, but also to establish themselves in the Kennesaw community. In 2011 Epsilon Nu had the honor to hold the first the first Mid South Region Conference under the realignment. At the 2011 National Convention that was held in Arlington, Virginia Epsilon Nu won the Outstanding Regional Event Award for having held the best conference out of the 19 regional conferences. We also won the Clarence O. Williams Most Improved New Chapter Award.
The Active Chapter
Today, the chapter operates under the guidance of the Executive Board as well as the ten committees that plan events that help foster the growth and development of the chapter either through gaining members or embracing tripod ideals. Currently Epsilon Nu Chapter has close to 200 members, including over 60 alumni.
About Epsilon Nu
Epsilon Nu’s Executive Board is composed of ten elected members. These members are elected each fall to serve for the following calendar year. Epsilon Nu's Executive Council (Committe Chair) consists of ten elected committee heads with the Vice President as Chair. The Executive Council are responsible for planning most of the Chapter's events throughout the semester. Elections were held on 11/12/12.
Current Executive Board
- Olivia Saulsby President
- Stephen Pritchett Vice President
- Clifton Handy Treasurer
- Tiffany McNeish Recording Secretary
- Briana Johnston Corresponding Secretary
- Peggy Sams Historian
- Jessica McLoud Parliamentarian
- Josue Briones Initiate Advisor
- Megan Lins Rush Advisor
- Luther Parker Brother at Large
Current Committee Chairs
- Sinead Hehir: Social Chair
- Jennifer Dennis: Fundraising Chair
- Alex Moyer: Risk Management Chair
- Stephen Pritchett: Scholarship Chair
- Christine Nwoke: Service Chair
- Bianca Anderson: Public Relations Chair
- Stephanie Morgan: Alumni Chair
- Eddy Atallah: Special Events Chair
- Betsy Lipman: Inter-Chapter Relations
- Jessica Dugger: Philanthropy Chair
In the spring of 2011 the chapter voted for a mascot. The choices were a penguin, elephant, wolf, and panther. The chapter voted for the mascot to be an elephant.
Chapter Events & Activities
Epsilon Nu Chapter participates in events each semester. Epsilon Nu also holds smaller events that occur frequently throughout the semester. We have our chapter meetings on Monday nights in our Social Science Building. We also hold a semi-formal during the fall semester and formal during our spring semester.
We take part in Relay for Life that is held on Kennesaw States campus green. We are also very active in our community with canned food drives, coat drive, and Teach for America to name a few. We also hold a retreat every fall where we get away from everything and bond with each other.
Past Events & Activities
2011 Mid-South Regional Conference
In the Spring of 2011 Epsilon Nu held the Mid South Regional Conference. Brothers from the Mid South Region of Phi Sigma Pi attended the three day conference. The theme for the 2011 Mid South Regional Conference was The Godfather. Some of the events that took place were a Minute to win it fellowship games, a Chapter Bazaar, and roundtable discussions. The Vice President of Chapter Development Kyle Williams was one of the guest speakers. We also had a speaker talk to us about Teacher for America. To end the Mid South Regional Conference we held a banquet in our Student Center. The 2011 Mid South Regional Conference was named the 2011 Outstanding Regional Conference.
- Cook Outs and Bake Sales on The Campus Green
- Alive After 5 –Every third Thursday from April through October, Historic Roswell celebrates Alive After Five from 5:00 PM till 9:00 PM. Brothers helped raise funds for our chapter by working the snow cone machine and working the cotton candy stand.
- Guitar Hero Tournament
- French Maid Fantasy Cleaning Services - Brothers went around to the dorms and charged $1 per room cleaned.
- Trivia Night
- Guest-Tek Picnic- Helped with corporate family picnic.Provided face-painting and helped with concessions.
- Study Sessions for National Exam
- Kickboxing Workout- What a great event. Many of the brothers at KSU did not know that Kennesaw had such a great workout program! Thanks to Keosha we all know where to go for a fun and exciting workout.
- Georgia Aquarium- This Georgia namesake was an exciting adventure for the brothers of Epsilon Nu.
- Boo Boo Bunny Drive – Brothers collected stuffed animals to donate to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta for sick children around Easter.
- Participated in a Cystic Fibrosis Walk
- Toys for Tots Hockey Night
- Children Healthcare of Atlanta Walk/Run event at Etowah High School – Brothers assisted in checking in Runners and Walkers, working the water distribution areas, and cheering on the sick children that made it out. To stand out and make this event more entertaining for the children we wore Halloween costumes and provided free face painting.
- “Stuff” Drive – Brothers collected "stuff" which included shoes, clothes, drapery, small appliances, and things of that nature, to donate to the Family Violence Council.
- Mostly Mutts - Brothers collected various dog toys, supplies and treats in an effort to help adoptable animals until they find a loving and caring home of their own.
- Halloween Hike- At this event the brothers of Epsilon Nu were able to volunteer to do arts and crafts with children from the local community. Some of the crafts that we help with were face-painting, picture-frames, cat refrigerator magnets, and pumpkin headdresses.
- Roller-skating and Laser Tag at Sparkles
- Bowling at US Play
- Karaoke night
- Barbeques and Pool Parties
- Kickball at Kennesaw Mountain
- Cagle’s Dairy Farm – Hayride and Corn Maize
- Netherworld Date Night
- Mistletoe at Marlow’s – Brothers celebrated the completion of Fall semester with dinner at Marlow's Tavern along with the exchange of presents.
- Speed Dating- This was an innovative night that let the initiates get to know the brothers on a deeper level and helped get interviews done!!
- Bros, Balls, and BOOs!! Thanks to Jessica, Epsilon Nu was able to hold our first ICR Event. Members from FSU, Georgia Tech, UGA, and KSU all came together for a weekend of fun! Friday night started with the arrival of the FSU and Ga Tech brothers and dinner at The Varsity. This was quickly followed by the Corn Maize in Hickory Flat, Georgia. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, it started raining cats and dogs while many of the brothers were still in the maze! This only added a bit of adrenaline into our systems,and pushed us to find our way out faster. Due to rain, kickball plans for Saturday were changed to pool playing. Who knew PSP Brothers could be such table sharks?! Luckily we were able to get some playing time in with kickball before the nights festivities kicked off. After a farewell breakfast on Sunday, the visiting brothers headed home, leaving us with the fulfillment of an entertaining weekend. Great job Jessica, you did a wonderful job planning the weekend!!
- Milkshake Masquerade- The initiate class of Fall 2009 planned and put-on a masked dinner at Steak and Shake as part of their Social Committee project!
Jessica Iarocci, Ashton Lee, Kelley Campbell Kristian Strubberg, Nena Lowe, Jacob Bailey, Tamara Dansby Bollinger, Allyson Denton, Elizabeth Garber, Amanda Lesard, Zachary Harrell, Brooke WIlkins, Arielle Jacobs, Cody Ray, Caitlin Fricks
- 2011 National Award Clarence O. Williams Most Improved New Chapter Award
- 2011 Purple and Gold Awards Outstanding Regional Conference Award
- 2011 Backpack Attack Champs!
- 2012 Backpack Attack Champs!
In the News
|Epsilon Nu Chapter|
|Founded April 15, 2008 • Kennesaw State University|
|Presidents||Alex Moyer • Megan Mullin • James Bailey • Zach Hooks • Emi Sato • Caroline Cayce • Jillian Clarke • Olivia Saulsby|
|History||List of Epsilon Nu Chapter Initiate Classes • List of Epsilon Nu Family Lines|
|Chapter Service Keys||unknown|
|National Council Members||none|