Upsilon Chapter

From PhiSigmaPiWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
1938

Upsilon Chapter (Founded 29 October 1938; Reactivated 15 October 1991) is located at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in Edinboro, PA. The Chapter was founded by Chapter alumnus Name and is a member of the Western Pennsylvania Region.

Chapter History

Founding

Before becoming the Upsilon Chapter of Phi Sigma Pi, the organization was known as Chi Delta Sigma. Around 1938, the members of Chi Delta Sigma petitioned Phi Sigma Pi for a charter. Phi Sigma Pi Upsilon Chapter was formally installed on October 29, 1938 with nineteen members. The Faculty Advisors were Waldo F. Bates, C. W. Ellenberger, A. J. Haller, R. R. Mallory, and H. W. McNees. Mallory Lake, on campus, was named after Advisor R. R. Mallory.

Early Years

Upsilon Chapter was started in 1938 at Edinboro University. The chapter remained active until about 1967, when Upsilon Chapter changed their affiliation with Phi Sigma Pi, and became a social greek organization on the campus of Edinboro University.

The chapter was reactivated in 1991.

The Active Chapter

The current chapter was reactivated in 1991.

Executive Board

2014-2015

Committees

Fall 2014

Past Chapter Presidents

Initiate Classes

Main Article: List of Upsilon Chapter Initiate Classes

Chapter Events & Activities

Founder's Weekend

Upsilon celebrates the Chapter's founding...

Other Event or Activity

This event is...

Other Event or Activity

This activity is...

Notable Alumni

2002 Todd Tripod Scholarship recipient

Chapter Honors and Awards

National Awards

University Awards

  • year AwardName
  • None to date

Other Awards

  • year AwardName
  • None to date

Further Resources

Upsilon Chapter Roll Book

Main Article: Upsilon Chapter's Virtual Roll Book

Family Trees

Main Article: List of Upsilon Chapter Family Trees

Other Resources

In the News