Epsilon Eta Chapter
Epsilon Eta Chapter (Founded 25 April 2006) is located at Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond, Kentucky. The Chapter was founded by Sigma Chapter alumnus Brian Thompson (Σ 1042) and is a member of the Bluegrass Region. The Chapter was previously a member of the Mid South Region prior to the 2010 restructuring of regions.
- 1 Chapter History
- 2 The Active Chapter
- 3 Chapter Leadership
- 4 Chapter Events & Activities
- 5 Notable Alumni
- 6 Chapter Honors and Awards
- 7 Further Resources
Interest in Phi Sigma Pi on the campus of Eastern Kentucky University was first sparked by Sigma Alum Brian Thompson. Brian was a Graduate Student and Residence Hall Coordinator on campus and worked closely with National Office to begin the Brotherhood Education Program. After a year long colonization, Epsilon Eta finally became a chapter on April 25, 2006. They received their official charter at the 2006 National Convention in Washington, D.C.
The Active Chapter
The Chapter currently consists of 3 Active Brothers.
Current Executive Board Officers
- President: []
- Vice President: Melissa Mahan
- Secretary: Jamie Bolen
- Treasurer: []
- Parliamentarian: []
- Recruitment Advisor: Melissa Mahan
- Initiate Advisor: []
- Historian: []
Current Committee Chairs
- Programming - Scholarship: []
- Programming - Leadership/Service: []
- Programming - Fellowship/Social: []
- Chapter Operations: []
- Chapter Relations - Alumni and Public Relations: Melissa Mahan
- Inter-Chapter Relations: Melissa Mahan
- Finance/Fundraising: []
- Technology: Melissa Mahan
- Brother at Large: Roy Smith
Main Article: List of Epsilon Eta Chapter Initiate Classes
Main Article: List of Epsilon Eta Family Lines
Currently in Epsilon Eta, there are two main family lines: the Carver Family (once known as the Red Family) and the Roque-Delgado Family (also once known as the Green Family). Previously, the Courtney family existed, but has since broken off and split between the two current families.
Main Article: List of Epsilon Eta Chapter Leadership
- Heather Steele (Spring 2005 - Fall 2006)
- Sarah Courtney (Fall 2006 - Fall 2007)
- Alesia Olsen (January - March 2008)
- Miranda Westbrook (March 2008) *
- Christine O'Neil (March 2008 - December 2008)
- Brianna Mauk (December 2008 - December 2009)
- Deanna Davey (December 2009 - February 2010)
- Amanda House (February 2010 - April 2010) *
- Sam Johnson II (April 2010 - December 2011)
- Sharon Ramsey (December 2011 - December 2012)
- Joshua Simpson (December 2012 - December 2013)
- Tyler George (December 2013 - December 2014)
- Joshua Simpson (December 2015 - August 2015)
- Melissa Mahan (August 2015 - Present) *
Note: * marks as interim
Chapter Events & Activities
Between the Holidays Alumni Dinner
In early December, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the Chapter invites the alumni to come for a special dinner.
Extreme Community Makeover
In March 2008, with the Criminal Justice Fraternity Lambda Alpha Epsilon, the chapter had a $500 budget and 48 hours to remodel the Bluegrass Community Action Center offices.
Founder's Day Weekend
Epsilon Eta's Founder's Day Weekend is held on the third or fourth weekend of April each year. Events held at Founder's Day in the past have included a campus-wide memory scavenger hunt, silent auctions, board games, and dinners. Both Brothers and Alumni are invited to attend the event each year.
Every October for EKU's homecoming the Chapter invites the alumni to come to tailgating and attend the homecoming football game.
Before each initiation, Brothers and Initiates get together to learn more about each other, and celebrate the initiates induction as Brothers. On some occasions, induction is held during retreat. Retreat is held once each semester (dates vary based on when induction is), sometimes at Maywoods and other times on campus.
Teach for America Semi-Formal
Semi-formal was held in the Springs of 2008 and 2009. Tickets were sold and split between Teach for America and the chapter. The first year it was held at Eastern's Keen Johnson ballroom, and the second year it was held over in Begley gym. Currently the semi-formal is not held.
Chapter Honors and Awards
Chapter Service Key Recipients
2007 - Alesia Olsen
2008 - Sarah Courtney
2009 - Miranda Westbrook
2013 - Joshua Simpson
- None to date
- 2009 - Outstanding (Honor) Service Organization for Excellence in Academics, Service, and Leadership.
- None to date
- Epsilon Eta Chapter Portal
- Epsilon Eta on Twitter: @PSP_EH
- Epsilon Eta on Facebook
- List of Epsilon Eta Members
- List of Epsilon Eta Alumni Members
|Epsilon Eta Chapter|
|Founded April 25, 2006 • Eastern Kentucky University|
|Presidents||Heather Steele • Sarah Courtney • Alesia Olsen • Christine O'Neil • Brianna Mauk • Deanna Davey • Amanda House • Sam Johnson II • Sharon Ramsey • Joshua Simpson • Tyler George|
|History||List of Epsilon Eta Chapter Initiate Classes • List of Epsilon Eta Family Lines|
|Chapter Service Keys||Alesia Olsen • Sarah Courtney • Miranda Westbrook • Tiffany Cromer • Amber Murphy • Joshua Simpson|
|National Council Members||none|