This Projects page is a listing of items wiki users would like to see completed. This is a public effort meaning anyone who has free time can take on a project, or a part of a project, and help us complete it. The goal is to continue to grow the wiki as a valuable resource for the fraternity.
Each project has its own wiki page explaining the project needs as well as a break down of parts that you can sign out to complete. Please feel free to add projects as you see fit and join in tackling some of the projects as a participant. As projects are completed and reviewed please remove them from the Open Tasks section below. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to help. If you have questions click the discussion tab and leave a note so that we can help get you involved.
- Chapter Presidents project is an attempt to add all current Presidents to each Chapter page
- Create Regional Conference pages for:
- Distinguished Service Key Project is an attempt to help complete the list of Brothers receiving DSKs.
- Chapter Service Key Project is an attempt to add recipients of the CSK to each Chapter's page, via the Chapter infobox template at the bottom of their page
- Add Council Motions links to each Empowered National Council page, currently completed for 30th to 49th
- Buildings Named After Brothers Biography Project is an attempt to build biography pages for Brothers who have known campus buildings named in their honor
- Chapter History Preservation project is an attempt to help complete Chapter wiki pages
- Council chronology project is an attempt to reference and correct current discrepancies in our records of National Council members
- List of Honorary Members project
- Improve the content around the creation/early years of the Council… we know more than this: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.phisigmapi.org%2Fpspwiki%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DNational_Council&h=oAQGG1te9
- Finish researching National Convention locations over the years via looking at old P&G’s/Minutes in the National Archives for: http://wiki.phisigmapi.org/pspwiki/index.php?title=National_Conventions
- Gather pictures and bios of all past National Officers… there are still many images that we could fill rather easily
On going tasks
- Years project adds important happenings to a wiki page for each year
- Featured Content project To find pages we can use on the front page featured content section
- Wanted Pages, create pages and research content for current 'wanted pages'
- Stubs: To complete partial pages labeled as stub
- Name Changes project creates redirects for any commonly used or maiden names for brothers to their official biographical page
- Category Pages project
- Resource Guides content updates;
- Templates todo
Programming Specific tasks
- Set up spell checking bot, auto link creating bot (assuming these exist, here is a starting point )
- Move User Page Biographies to Bio Pages
- Embedable Video Extension for video from YouTube channel
- Embed Audio Player Extension for songs
- spam blocking
- add captcha to user registration, see: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Combating_spam
- Create Regional Conference pages for:
- List of Members Certified in Leadership in Action project will track certified Brothers
- Chapter In the News project is adding news articles that mention a Chapter to their wiki page
- Update List of Chapter assignments by Region Consultant for 2011-12
- Added portal links to Chapter pages
- Chapter Alumni Project
- Chapter Awards Project
- Chapter Redirect project
- add National Development Committee to all current committee member bios under national involvement
- Council biographies project: To create biographical pages for all National Council members past and present
- History Timeline project To move details from the interactive history timeline to the various wiki pages
- Initiate Classes project: To add initiate class sub pages to each chapter page
- Initiate Class Pages Project, create pages for each chapter listing members by initiate class
- Council Succession box project: To add succession infoboxes to the bio pages of past Council Members
- Individual Regional Conference pages project: To create and fill in with data each Regional Conference pages
- Sortable Tables project: To make table data sortable where useful
- Campus buildings project: To create one page documenting all of the campus recognitions, notably building dedications, of Brothers.
- Add new region categories on chapter pages
- Complete: Added new region names and categories for all chapters.
- TODO: For historical purposes should probably create pages including the old regions and their chapters.
- Succession boxes for Convention and Grand Chapter
- Wiki data recovery
- Greek Letters project: To change greek letters using Symbol font to unicode